The Creative Sound Blaster Extigy is one of the most amazing sound cards I have had the pleasure of working with. Being USB, I was a little hesitant if I would run into any stability problems, but those concerns no longer occupy my mind. During my testing, I experienced nothing but bliss.
My only gripe with the Extigy is the fact that it doesn't include Firewire support like the regular Audigy series of sound cards. Since the Extigy uses USB (meaning 12mb/s connections), the Firewire standard of 400mb/s is impossible.
If you can live with the fact that you won't be getting Firewire support, the Extigy is the sound card for you. While the Extigy costs roughly $100 Australian more than the standard Audigy DE, I think with the style and extra connectively features of the external version is worth the extra money out of your pocket you pay.
Creative have produced yet another stunning product in the Extigy, thumbs up to a great all-round solid product!
Amazing Sound Quality
Rating - 9.5/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Sound Blaster Extigy Review - Page 1
- Sound Blaster Extigy Review - Page 2
- Sound Blaster Extigy Review - Page 3
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch battery life analysis
- Resident Evil 7 isn't coming to Nintendo Switch
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild's Hyrule is bigger than Skyrim
- 'Rogue One' captures plans for $1B worldwide box office
- Huawei P10: Curved display and front fingerprint sensor?
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni