The Extigy has a bunch of physical and audio standard features; allow me to explain them now.
The Unit - In a word, Beautiful
As you can see from the shot above, the actual unit of the Extigy is very stylish and modern looking, a perfect match for my Lian Li casing; certainly something which I don't mind having to look at every day in all it's sleekness. The unit is light in weight, but at the same time remains sturdy and solid. The front of the Extigy gives you easy access to headphone, microphone and line-in ports, instead of having to go behind you PC like you'd normally have to.
One thing I have noticed is the top and bottom sides of the unit can warm up slightly, however not to the point where it caused any system stability problems, and it does tend to get a decent workout playing MP3s for the majority of the day. The unit does have "breathing holes" for heat dissipation on both top and bottom sides, so it isn't really much of a concern.
Creative also include two stands to mount the unit vertically, as shown in the picture above. However, I don't care too much for this style. I prefer the first style I showed you. I guess it really comes down to personal opinion on this one.
Remote Control - Laziness for All
Being an external sound card, it is only natural that the Extigy have some type of remote control to handle various aspects of the system. The remote control included with the Extigy is slim, sleek and stylish. These three words seem to be synonymous with this product, and rightfully so.
The remote control allows you to adjust the volume (of course), CMSS, onscreen EAX options and a bunch of other things which become useful when you are on the other side of the room outside of hands reach of the Extigy unit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Sound Blaster Extigy Review - Page 1
- Sound Blaster Extigy Review - Page 2
- Sound Blaster Extigy Review - Page 3
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Corsair launches Bulldog SFF chassis and Lapdog mechanical keyboards
- G.Skill's TridentZ DDR4 RAM overclocked to an insane 5GHz
- HP teases a high-end PC backpack for VR, still a work in progress
- Corsair's custom-built Dominator Platinum RAM for ASUS ROG announced
- EVGA's new GeForce GTX 1080 features ACX 3.0 cooling, and more
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- GeIL announces new EVO FORZA DDR4 hardcore gaming memory
- Tesoro to showcase new infrared key switch at Computex 2016
- Colorful introduces first custom GTX1080: Colorful iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G
- CybertronPC offers new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics on all desktops
- Inno3D announces new GeForce GTX 1080 video cards