Sound and PC audio alike can often be overlooked as something which isn't particularly important for those that don't realize the stunning depth of quality we can obtain from our PC systems. People can often underestimate what is available on the retail market today. Depending on how serious you want to develop the multimedia aspect of your PC, you can spend anywhere between $100 and $2000 Australian on different kinds of setups from leading companies such as Creative, Hercules, Altec Lansing and Klipsch who have developed nice niche markets for themselves with some excellent products. And to be honest, if you have the money and you aren't making the most of the stunning technology available to you, then you are missing out. Missing out big time on the audio excellence you could be experiencing from your PC, make it the entertainment center of your house, it is more than capable of the task with the right hardware. After experiencing such quality, you will never turn back to sub-standard sound cards and poor quality $20 speaker systems.
Using our PC systems, we can set up the ultimate in entertainment systems previously only available to regular stereo systems in the living room. Audio standards such as Dolby Digital 5.1, THX and CMSS can now be achieved through our PC systems at affordable prices. Soon enough we will all be designing our offices around the PC's speaker system for optimal sound quality, instead of designing our offices around usability of the PC itself.
Now, we can play all the latest released movies using DVD technology (or the increasingly popular DivX standard which is a compressed and lower quality version of DVD) and play all the latest music downloadable on MP3s before they are even released on CD, at levels of quality not previously known to the PC industry a few years ago. Most new PC games being released support EAX, bringing the game to life with stunning 3D positioned sound making it feel like you are actually in the game, shooting down the bad guy.
Creative, one of the pioneers and market leaders in PC audio have released a cavalcade of PC sound cards and speaker systems for roughly 10 years now. Ranging all the way down from their ISA Sound Blaster to their new impressive Sound Blaster Live! and Audigy series of sound cards, they always seem to impress with every product they release. Just recently, Creative have released their first external sound card named the Extigy; an external version of the Audigy sound card seated in an impressive looking unit which produces the most amazing sound quality I have ever experienced in a home environment. Sit back in your seats as I take you on a tour of Creative's new external sound card, the Extigy!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Sound Blaster Extigy Review - Page 1
- Sound Blaster Extigy Review - Page 2
- Sound Blaster Extigy Review - Page 3
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Death Stranding is an open-world action game
- CyberPowerPC's new Ryzen PCs: from $983 up to $2399
- AMD's cheaper Ryzen 5/Ryzen 3 CPUs should launch in Q2
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4GHz, 1800X performance for $329
- NVIDIA has 70.5% GPU market share, AMD has 29.5%
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications