If you recall our initial opening, I said that we would be seeking answers to two questions. The first was to see if the application was as easy as they led us to believe. After performing the task of unlocking the chip, I can say that it really is that easy. None of the steps required any special actions, and if a mistake is made, it's easy to just start over and try again.
Now, the second question was asking if the kit really worked. To answer this, let's start off by looking at what we were working with today...
The Athlon XP 1800+ processor that I have is set at 11.5x multiplier and 133MHz FSB in its native habitat. After I finished up, I set the multiplier up a little and boosted the FSB. I wasn't going for anything drastic (yet), but just a means to see if the multiplier would allow adjustments. Here's what I got for my efforts:
So to answer the second question, the multiplier can be adjusted now that the bridges are connected.
One final note:
After you get through with the task of unlocking your processor, don't touch your work. The compounds used don't set into a hard shell. If you rub your finger over it to admire your fine work of art, you'll be crying because you'll have to start over. So once it's done right, keep the fingers away.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Plants Vs Zombies: Heroes launches on iOS & Android
- 30% discount with Nintendo's Europe Birthday Promotion
- Watch Metallica's themed gameplay trailer that failed
- Dead Rising 4 has 18 holes of mini golf to play through
- Star Wars Battlefront DLC pack announced for November 18
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system