If you recall our initial opening, I said that we would be seeking answers to two questions. The first was to see if the application was as easy as they led us to believe. After performing the task of unlocking the chip, I can say that it really is that easy. None of the steps required any special actions, and if a mistake is made, it's easy to just start over and try again.
Now, the second question was asking if the kit really worked. To answer this, let's start off by looking at what we were working with today...
The Athlon XP 1800+ processor that I have is set at 11.5x multiplier and 133MHz FSB in its native habitat. After I finished up, I set the multiplier up a little and boosted the FSB. I wasn't going for anything drastic (yet), but just a means to see if the multiplier would allow adjustments. Here's what I got for my efforts:
So to answer the second question, the multiplier can be adjusted now that the bridges are connected.
One final note:
After you get through with the task of unlocking your processor, don't touch your work. The compounds used don't set into a hard shell. If you rub your finger over it to admire your fine work of art, you'll be crying because you'll have to start over. So once it's done right, keep the fingers away.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung reportedly decides on the Galaxy S9 screen size
- ASUS X399 ROG Zenith Extreme: ThreadRipper BEAST BOARD
- Intel CPU engineer leaves after 20 years
- Digital made up 80% of Ubisoft's first quarter sales
- Console gamers to spend more on DLC than games in 2017
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4