As we can see above, the packaging isn't anything fancy, but a simple plastic bag that has all the items necessary to get down to business. While it won't win any contests for being fancy, it will help keep the cost down so that we can get to the important part of our tweaking; namely getting more speed! Lets take a look at what is included in the kit.
- Cleaning Agent
First up is the cleaning agent. This will be the first jar you want since it's always a good idea to start with a clean working area. Though there is no label telling us what type of cleaner it has on the inside of the bottle, it smelled like an acetone based compound.
- Gap Filler
Next up is a nonconductive gap filler. It's a light colored filler that has a smooth consistency. It was almost a lotion type texture so that it's easy to work with.
- Conductive Grease
The last bottle included is a conductive grease. It is a gray material that has roughly the same consistency and texture as the filler. When you figure that you're working with a pin to apply the materials, you can begin to see why it is necessary to have the compounds this easy to work with.
The HighSpeed PC website listed a small handheld magnifier as coming with the kit, but they have changed it up a bit. This folding magnifier allowed me to lay the processor right onto the base so that I could use both hands to work on the project. This hands free approach was a good move since it lets you get right down to work.
Also included but not pictured here are a pin and some tape strips. We'll get into what these are used for in a little bit.
So what are we waiting for? Let's get this processor unlocked!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Chrome is Windows 10 users' browser of choice
- MIT students build Jetson TK1 racecars for final assignment
- HBO Now comes to Roku
- Facebook expanding Like button feature with 'Reactions'
- Fallout 4 PC requirements revealed
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- REALLY NEED Help Intel Management Engine
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent