As we can see above, the packaging isn't anything fancy, but a simple plastic bag that has all the items necessary to get down to business. While it won't win any contests for being fancy, it will help keep the cost down so that we can get to the important part of our tweaking; namely getting more speed! Lets take a look at what is included in the kit.
- Cleaning Agent
First up is the cleaning agent. This will be the first jar you want since it's always a good idea to start with a clean working area. Though there is no label telling us what type of cleaner it has on the inside of the bottle, it smelled like an acetone based compound.
- Gap Filler
Next up is a nonconductive gap filler. It's a light colored filler that has a smooth consistency. It was almost a lotion type texture so that it's easy to work with.
- Conductive Grease
The last bottle included is a conductive grease. It is a gray material that has roughly the same consistency and texture as the filler. When you figure that you're working with a pin to apply the materials, you can begin to see why it is necessary to have the compounds this easy to work with.
The HighSpeed PC website listed a small handheld magnifier as coming with the kit, but they have changed it up a bit. This folding magnifier allowed me to lay the processor right onto the base so that I could use both hands to work on the project. This hands free approach was a good move since it lets you get right down to work.
Also included but not pictured here are a pin and some tape strips. We'll get into what these are used for in a little bit.
So what are we waiting for? Let's get this processor unlocked!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Latest News Posts
- The best-paid CEO in the US is Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google
- 1Password updated, features Material Design UI and fingerprint unlock
- Ubisoft says The Division being held back on PC 'simply not true'
- Telstra outage in Australia caused by 'embarrassing human error'
- Explosive new 'Independence Day' TV spot, poster go live
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance