As we can see above, the packaging isn't anything fancy, but a simple plastic bag that has all the items necessary to get down to business. While it won't win any contests for being fancy, it will help keep the cost down so that we can get to the important part of our tweaking; namely getting more speed! Lets take a look at what is included in the kit.
- Cleaning Agent
First up is the cleaning agent. This will be the first jar you want since it's always a good idea to start with a clean working area. Though there is no label telling us what type of cleaner it has on the inside of the bottle, it smelled like an acetone based compound.
- Gap Filler
Next up is a nonconductive gap filler. It's a light colored filler that has a smooth consistency. It was almost a lotion type texture so that it's easy to work with.
- Conductive Grease
The last bottle included is a conductive grease. It is a gray material that has roughly the same consistency and texture as the filler. When you figure that you're working with a pin to apply the materials, you can begin to see why it is necessary to have the compounds this easy to work with.
The HighSpeed PC website listed a small handheld magnifier as coming with the kit, but they have changed it up a bit. This folding magnifier allowed me to lay the processor right onto the base so that I could use both hands to work on the project. This hands free approach was a good move since it lets you get right down to work.
Also included but not pictured here are a pin and some tape strips. We'll get into what these are used for in a little bit.
So what are we waiting for? Let's get this processor unlocked!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo to produce 18 million Switch consoles this year
- GIVEAWAY: Patriot Viper V570 Mouse and V370 RGB Headset
- Huawei launches new nova 2 with dual rear camera
- Nintendo shares skyrocket to 8-year high
- Alienware Aurora reach reasonable price for Memorial Day
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017