Overall, I wasn't too happy with the performance of the Zalman CNPS5500 heatsink/fan unit. It was outperformed by the stock Intel unit at idle temperatures, and only managed to move a few degrees ahead of it under full load. That said, installation was very simple and the "Fan Mate 1" gadget is a nice addition for those of you that need complete silence while working at your PC.
The Zalman CNPS5500-Cu has a RRP (Recommended Retail Price) of AU$99, which is definitely far from cheap. Considering the fact that the CNPS5500 barely differs from the stock Intel unit in both performance and noise output, I find it very hard to recommend this product. The bottom line is, the performance of the Zalman CNPS5500-Cu does not justify the AU$99 price tag, and if you already own a stock Intel heatsink/fan unit (should have come with your processor), I recommend that you keep it and save the money.
Fan Speed Controller
Performance was nothing special
Rating - 5.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC is Origin exclusive
- Nintendo sues company for real life Mario Kart racing
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Mass Effect Andromeda PC requirements released
- Obsidian wants to make a Dark Souls-type game
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications