Overall, I wasn't too happy with the performance of the Zalman CNPS5500 heatsink/fan unit. It was outperformed by the stock Intel unit at idle temperatures, and only managed to move a few degrees ahead of it under full load. That said, installation was very simple and the "Fan Mate 1" gadget is a nice addition for those of you that need complete silence while working at your PC.
The Zalman CNPS5500-Cu has a RRP (Recommended Retail Price) of AU$99, which is definitely far from cheap. Considering the fact that the CNPS5500 barely differs from the stock Intel unit in both performance and noise output, I find it very hard to recommend this product. The bottom line is, the performance of the Zalman CNPS5500-Cu does not justify the AU$99 price tag, and if you already own a stock Intel heatsink/fan unit (should have come with your processor), I recommend that you keep it and save the money.
Fan Speed Controller
Performance was nothing special
Rating - 5.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Elon Musk refers to Apple as 'Tesla's graveyard'
- Sony started working on PlayStation VR in 2010
- ASUS makes its PG279Q monitor official, QHD with 165Hz and G-Sync
- 'Star Wars: Rebels' season 2 trailer reveals Vader, new friends & foes
- Disney-themed prosthetic hands are now a thing
- Kingwin Power Dock PD-2537U3 Dual-Bay Clone Storage Station Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R Rev1 SSD Boot Order Issue.
- Help Updating GA-X58A-UD3R Rev2.0 Bios
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent