Overall, I wasn't too happy with the performance of the Zalman CNPS5500 heatsink/fan unit. It was outperformed by the stock Intel unit at idle temperatures, and only managed to move a few degrees ahead of it under full load. That said, installation was very simple and the "Fan Mate 1" gadget is a nice addition for those of you that need complete silence while working at your PC.
The Zalman CNPS5500-Cu has a RRP (Recommended Retail Price) of AU$99, which is definitely far from cheap. Considering the fact that the CNPS5500 barely differs from the stock Intel unit in both performance and noise output, I find it very hard to recommend this product. The bottom line is, the performance of the Zalman CNPS5500-Cu does not justify the AU$99 price tag, and if you already own a stock Intel heatsink/fan unit (should have come with your processor), I recommend that you keep it and save the money.
Fan Speed Controller
Performance was nothing special
Rating - 5.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony's new add-on merges trading cards with mobile games
- Sony making Wild Arms, Arc the Lad smartphone games
- The Last Guardian critics opinion wrap up and analysis
- Nolan confirms HBO's 'Westworld' won't return until 2018
- Oculus Touch officially available as of today
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Western Digital introduces new 12TB and 14TB enterprise-class HDDs and SSDs
- Western Digital Corporation renews patent cross-license agreement with Samsung
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing