Over the past few years, overclocking has gone from being an insane past-time, only practiced by a handful of informed people, to an "art" that is the hobby of thousands of people all over the world. Whole websites and communities have been formed with their main goal being to teach people how to overclock their computers as well as to evaluate the latest cooling solutions on the market as they come out. People have gone to pretty crazy measures to ensure the cool running of their processor. These include water-cooling, vapor-phase cooling, and even, liquid nitrogen cooling! However, these extreme cooling methods are not widely used yet. This is because, firstly, they are difficult to install, and secondly, they are often too expensive for the average user. For this reason, air-cooling is the most common cooling method used in computers at the moment.
In the past, the only heatsinks available that were worth a second look were the ones from Alpha. In recent years, we have seen new heatsink manufacturers pop up all over the place. Most boasting a unique, innovative design method, fighting for a place in an already crowded market. Today we are looking at a new heatsink/fan unit from Zalman, called the CNPS5500-Cu. Zalman is a Korean company that was founded in 1999, and since the introduction of their CNPS (Computer Noise Prevention System) range of coolers, they have received much praise for being able to create heatsink/fan units that are high performing, yet virtually silent. Can they continue their trend with the CNPS5500-Cu? Read on to find out!
Weight (g): 540
Dimensions (mm): 74(L) x 86(W) x 84(H)
Dissipating Area (cm2): 1800
Dissipating Material: Pure Copper
Thermal Resistance: Silent Mode - 0.36 Normal Mode - 0.30
Bearing Type: Two ball
Speed (RPM): Silent Mode - 1500RPM Normal Mode - 2800RPM
Noise (dB): Silent Mode - 20 Normal Mode - 30
- Fan Mate 1
Weight (g): 20
Dimensions (mm): 200(L) x 23(W) x 21(H)
Out Voltage (V): 5V ~ 11V
Maximum Capacity: 60W
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Just Cause 3 runs at 900p 30FPS on the Xbox One, so much more on PC
- Google brings Star Trek to life with 'Combadge' communicator prototype
- How to use Fallout 4's bottlecap glitch without depleting ammo
- Chrome extension shields you from Star Wars spoilers
- AMD ends driver development for non-GCN Radeon cards
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- New Build Problem
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- C2750D4I - BMC Update Failed
- X99 Extreme 6/3.1 Bios Update to support Samsung 950 Pro M.2.
- COUGAR ANNOUNCES THE LAUNCH OF THE 450 SERIES
- SilverStone Press release PTS01
- ESL and Intel bring the IEM World Championship back to Katowice on March 4-6, 2016
- Star Wars(TM): Galaxy of Heroes Now Available for Mobile from EA
- AMD Announces Radeon Crimson Software