The FIC AD11 is our very first AMD 760 based board that we have had the pleasure of reviewing here at TweakTown. The big question is will this board be all we hoped for, the answer is yes. Installation was absolutely painless. Installed the board, loaded windows, installed the AMD miniport AGP drivers and that was it, installation was complete. Compatibility was also flawless, during our tests and installation we never had one compatibility problem with any sound, video or other add-on cards that we put into the PC to test compatibility. Overall performance was not what we expected. When we heard about DDR we expected to get double the performance but this was not so, Why? AMD Athlon and Duron CPU's do not rely heavily on the memory bandwidth, DDR SDRAM is designed to power AMD's next generation of CPU, the fact that its here now just means it can be used now. While not what we expected the results were quite remarkable. The memory bottleneck for the AGP system was eliminated with over 2.1GB/s. The only quarrels we had was the inclusion of a CNR slot over the more traditional ISA or extra PCI slot. The FIC AD11 is the most spectacular AMD board we have seen to date.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Path of Exile is coming to Xbox One
- Halo 6 won't be Project Scorpio launch game after all
- Tekken 7 release date will be announced next week
- NZXT shows off new Puck cable management system
- Switch's add-on box to use the cloud to boost GPU power?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup