The FIC AD11 is our very first AMD 760 based board that we have had the pleasure of reviewing here at TweakTown. The big question is will this board be all we hoped for, the answer is yes. Installation was absolutely painless. Installed the board, loaded windows, installed the AMD miniport AGP drivers and that was it, installation was complete. Compatibility was also flawless, during our tests and installation we never had one compatibility problem with any sound, video or other add-on cards that we put into the PC to test compatibility. Overall performance was not what we expected. When we heard about DDR we expected to get double the performance but this was not so, Why? AMD Athlon and Duron CPU's do not rely heavily on the memory bandwidth, DDR SDRAM is designed to power AMD's next generation of CPU, the fact that its here now just means it can be used now. While not what we expected the results were quite remarkable. The memory bottleneck for the AGP system was eliminated with over 2.1GB/s. The only quarrels we had was the inclusion of a CNR slot over the more traditional ISA or extra PCI slot. The FIC AD11 is the most spectacular AMD board we have seen to date.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Doom update adds Deathmatch, private matches
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- GIGABYTE X150M-PRO ECC Xeon Motherboard Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now