The FIC AD11 is our very first AMD 760 based board that we have had the pleasure of reviewing here at TweakTown. The big question is will this board be all we hoped for, the answer is yes. Installation was absolutely painless. Installed the board, loaded windows, installed the AMD miniport AGP drivers and that was it, installation was complete. Compatibility was also flawless, during our tests and installation we never had one compatibility problem with any sound, video or other add-on cards that we put into the PC to test compatibility. Overall performance was not what we expected. When we heard about DDR we expected to get double the performance but this was not so, Why? AMD Athlon and Duron CPU's do not rely heavily on the memory bandwidth, DDR SDRAM is designed to power AMD's next generation of CPU, the fact that its here now just means it can be used now. While not what we expected the results were quite remarkable. The memory bottleneck for the AGP system was eliminated with over 2.1GB/s. The only quarrels we had was the inclusion of a CNR slot over the more traditional ISA or extra PCI slot. The FIC AD11 is the most spectacular AMD board we have seen to date.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tesla's Gigafactory shows huge progress in a new video
- Final Fantasy XV will support 8K resolution on PC
- Galaxy Note8 pricing to start at $950
- New Assassin's Creed: Origins trailers show epic scope
- Final Fantasy XV is the new Skyrim
- GIGABYTE X399 AORUS Gaming 7 TR4 Motherboard Review
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience