- Expansion Configuration
The FIC AD11 uses the same 1/5/1 (AGP/PCI/CNR) layout as the original AZ11 and AZ11E. All five PCI slots are Busmaster slots and can accommodate Busmaster PCI cards, while the new AMD 760 chipset can support 6 PCI busmasters it's a wonder why a sixth PCI slot wasn't used. This is another board that uses the CNR slot over the traditional and still useful ISA slot. As most of you know by now, CNR and AMR slots use the CPU cycles to run the devices accommodating the AMR and CNR expansion slots. Most of the cards used on CNR are Winmodems, Software Soundcards and Software NIC's. Most of these devices are available in ISA format. ISA devices are 90% hardware driven and require no CPU cycles to run devices on the ISA bus.
The AD11 is based on the new AMD 760 DDR based chipset. This new chipset brings DDR SDRAM to the system memory. Rather than use the AMD 766 Viper2 Southbridge, FIC have elected to pair the AMD 760 Northbridge with the VIA 686B Southbridge. FIC explained to us that the reason they have elected to use the VIA 686B Southbridge is that VIA's drivers for it's ATA-100 are faster and more frequently updated than AMD's. Before we get into the specifics, we would like to explain a bit about DDR SDRAM.
What is DDR?
DDR SDRAM is a acronym for Double Data Rate SDRAM. DDR SDRAM doubles the data rate of currant SDRAM technology by sending 2x the data per clock cycle. DDR SDRAM is able to provide a total bandwidth of 2.1GB/s, this is a more than double the rate of currant PC133 which delivers 1.06GB/s.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition vs NVIDIA TITAN Xp
- Cheapest Rainbow Six Siege in big Ubisoft PC Summer Sale
- Meizu Pro 7 and Pro 7 Plus specs and prices leak
- Sony's next gen PS5 may be traditional console gen
- Samsung Galaxy Stellar 2 specs and pricing leaked
- Patriot Viper V570 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- WD Red 10TB NAS HDD Review
- modded my x79-ud3 bios, processor support question
- The Mummy Movie Review
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller