The FIC AD11 is FIC's fifth motherboard for the AMD K7 processor line. The first board to come from FIC to support the K7 family was the SD11. The SD11 was an ATX from factor board based on the AMD 751 Northbridge chipset and the VIA 686A Southbridge. This was the very first AMD K7 board to market. This board did have some problems with the board resetting on the user randomly, this was fixed later on with a resistor added to the board. Along with most of the AMD 750 bard boards, the SD11 did have some problems getting GeForce classed video cards to run in AGP2x mode. Symptoms of the GeForce bug was the system crashing in games that required the 3D acceleration. Later revisions of the AMD 750 chipset with the upper Bypass did pretty well resolve this problem but this slight glitch did put a damper on 750 based boards. Like MSI, FIC skipped the whole KX133 stage of chipsets and waited until the introduction of the KT133 chipset. When the KT133 became readily available, FIC used this chipset and created the FIC AZ11. This AZ11 like the SD11 was the first Socket A solution to market. The AZ11 was one of the first motherboard to actually show support for the AMD Athlon/Duron overclocking features, FIC had placed jumper solders for the multiplier adjustments but no pins. If the user wanted to adjust the multiplier of a AMD Athlon/Duron CPU on this board the user would have to solder the jumper pins onto the board themselves.
After the success of the FIC AZ11 and the introduction of the VIA 686B Southbridge, FIC took the AZ11 designed, added built in overclocking options and added the 686B Southbridge and labeled it the AZ11E. Now with the introduction of the new DDR standards FIC has taken the new AMD 760 Northbridge and the VIA VT82C686B Southbridge and paired them together to create the new FIC AD11.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Skyrim hasn't yet been confirmed for the Nintendo Switch
- Blizzard announces a new voice chat app for desktops
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 375.57 drivers are ready for BF1
- Sony added 1GB of DRAM to the PS4 Pro, joins 8GB GDDR5
- Oceanhorn hit record sales, teases Switch development
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system