TEST SYSTEM SETUP
Processor - AMD Athlon 1.2GHz
RAM - 256mb PC150 Kingmax SDRAM CAS2
Motherboard - MSI K7T Pro2a VIA KT133
Video Card - VisionTek GeForce3 64mb and X-Micro GeForce2 Pro 32mb
Operating System - Microsoft Windows 2000 SP2
Drivers - Direct X8, 12.00 Detonators, VIA 4-in-1 4.30
Software - 3DMark2000, 3DMark2001, Quake 3 Arena, DroneZ and GLMark
Notes about testing - VisionTek and nVidia requested that we use the nVidia Detonator 12.00 drivers, so we did - These drivers are required to take full advantage of the features that the GeForce3 possesses. As for the nVidia driver options, every setting was left at default during the testing. However, V-sync was disabled throughout our entire testing phase, disabling V-sync increases frame rates without sacrificing image quality. FSAA options were disabled in all programs except in one instance of Quake 3 Arena where we tested nVidia's new Quincunx FSAA method.
Results - Madonion 3DMark2000 Benchmark (1024x768x16 no FSAA)
In our first benchmark, we can see the GeForce3 defeating the older GeForce2 Pro by a considerable margin. This benchmark proves that the GeForce3 is also backward compatible (also in terms of performance) with programs which it isn't directly optimized to work with, e.g. programs built on DX8 technology.
Results - Madonion 3DMark2001 Benchmark (1024x768x32, no FSAA)
Our second benchmark using MadOnion's new 3DMark2001 using DX8 makes the GeForce3 really shine. The GeForce2 Pro is lagging behind some 1500 3DMarks, this is a good comparison to show the advantage that the GeForce3 will be over the GeForce2 when more DX8 compatible games are released in coming months.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- VisionTek GeForce3 - Page 1
- VisionTek GeForce3 - Page 2
- VisionTek GeForce3 - Page 3
- VisionTek GeForce3 - Page 4
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Tesla P85D smashes two Motorsport cars in drag race
- Riot considers G2A sponsorship ban, asks teams to follow suit
- DICE says there will be no microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront
- This tool allows you to use your taskbar on any multi-monitor setup
- Be Quiet! launches its Silent Base 600 chassis with insulation
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio