Taking A Closer Look
The first thing I noticed when I took the card out of the box was the fact that instead of having Abit's usual black PCB (Printed Circuit Board), the Siluro MX440 is dark blue. Colored PCBs appeal to case modders because many of them install window kits into their cases, which allows the inside mechanics of the PC to be seen by everyone passing by. Let's face it, a colored component would look much more attractive than a regular brown/green component. To complement the blue PCB, Abit also has an attractive silver heatsink/fan unit cooling the GPU. I found that because of its large size, the heatsink/fan unit is basically touching the first PCI device when installed. For optimal cooling performance, leave the top PCI slot empty.
The Siluro MX440 features a core clock speed of 275MHz, and a memory speed of 400MHz. There are four 16MB memory chips on the card, two on the front and two on the back. This gives a total of 64MB onboard DDR memory. The memory chips on the card are made by Samsung and are rated at 4ns. What this means is, in theory, the memory should be able to run at 500MHz without a problem. We'll get to overclocking a little later in the review though.
The card we received does not include a DVI connector, however, the slightly more expensive Abit Siluro MX440 VIO card includes not only a DVI connector, but video-in as well. The TV output that is included on the card supports resolutions of up to 1024x768, however, most televisions won't run at more than 800x600, or even 640x480.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- We are looking for a professional YouTuber for video content
- Digitize Photos, Important Files, and More in 8 Seconds
- We are looking for a US-based news reporter, join our awesome team!
- How Fallout 4's perk system might work
- The fully-optioned Tesla Model X electric SUV costs a huge $143,750
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SanDisk Connect Stick 64GB Wireless Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R doesn't boot with Dual Channel (After Clean PC)
- carvedilol 3.125 mg information. Purchase online.
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015