Well, I've changed up the test system yet again, so will be starting over in my database of temperatures once more. Test system this time around will be:
Antec SX1030 Tower Case w/ 170-CFM airflow
EPoX 8KHA+ Motherboard
AMD Athlon XP 1800+ Processor
512MB Crucial PC2100 DDR Memory
Prolink XX-Player GeForce3
Western Digital 20GB Hard Drive
Arctic Silver II
The Athlon XP processors have lower operating temperatures than the older Thunderbirds, so I have re-tested my standard Dr Thermal unit to use as a comparison with this GlobalWin one. Testing will consist of my usual battery of programs so that we can maintain some consistency in the results. This will include temperature being taken at idle, after a grueling Quake III Arena Deathmatch, and after a continuous looping of the 3dMark2001 Demo.
Voltages are set at 1.75v for the processor core, 2.6 for the DDR memory, and the ambient room temperature throughout testing was a stable 21.6C (about 71F). These conditions were constant with no fluctuating temperatures or voltages.
Results (Degrees Celsius)
During previous testing, the Dr Thermal unit proved to be among the very best available, so the GlobalWin unit really had its work cut out right from the very beginning. While the TAK68 cooler didn't beat out the V86 in any of the tests, it did manage to produce some very acceptable results with very little noise (only about 2C off the lead mark). With the noise levels of heatsinks playing such a vital role in decisions today, this GlobalWin unit managed to shine quite brightly in that respect. A little cooler temperature would certainly be nice, but these results fall well within an acceptable range.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- iOS 9 now has Tweetbot 4 support on iPad and iPhone
- Helpful Chrome extension lets you play GIFs in Google Search
- Team manager sets out to create eSports player union
- Elon Musk wasn't joking about this plan to 'nuke Mars'
- Valve employee proposes to his wife in VR using the HTC Vive headset
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog