Features and Specifications
I realize this section of reviews is usually short and boring - But it's considered regulation stuff these days so I won't bother skipping in this area because some stuff just may come in handy one day. Straight from the box:
- Compatible with any make of tower case
- Supports most 3.5" Hard Disk Drives
- Data portability between office and / or house
- Unlimited Capacity
- Easy installation and back up
- Secure Your Data
- Convenient data administration & sharing
- Convenient pull-out handle
- Auto-close door design
- LED indicators for Power & HDD
- For 1.0" HT. 2.5 / 3.5" HDD
- Dimensions: 8.4x5.8x1.6 inch (D/W/H) - Weight 1.2LB
- Data input: EIDE, SCSI, SCSI-II, fast / wide SCSI interface
- One Internal Cooling Fan
- ID-Switch & ID-Led Select for SCSI Interface
That sums this area up pretty much; just remember the SCSI features are only compatible with actual SCSI model racks, not the one we are reviewing today. If you want to use a device similar to this, make sure you especially ask for a rack capable of SCSI.
It's also fairly important to note that not only will ATA 33, 66, 100 or 133 HDD's work with this rack, but also Zip drives, LS-120 Super Disk drives, TR-4 Tape drives, ORB drives and so on.
The feature to take special note of is the Internal Cooling Fan. Although the fan is small and what may seem like to some as insignificant - It does reduce the temperate IDE drives operate at thus increasing the reliability and lifetime. This has been proved with a recent article we published on TweakTown on IBM drives, you can read it here - It will only make these marvelous inventions seem even better.
Another classy feature not included on the features list of the packaging is the key lock mechanism of the product - I'm baffled as to why the company missed one of the highlight features of this product on the feature section of the box it came with. Anyway, since it's very easy for the drive to be slid in and out of the bay it sits in, it makes only perfect sense that the drive can be locked in place so kids or the uneducated don't come and pull it out while your half way through a game of Return of Castle Wolfenstein - This is not to mention the damage it could do to your HDD or any other IDE device your using in the rack.
Finally on the features side of the review, I must admit the product actually looks quite nice for the price, as well as being sturdy. Sure, it isn't any stylish Lian Li looking mobile rack made out of aluminum, but I don't mind the look of it and nor does it weigh a ton to carry around with the drive still secured in - It certainly holds a degree of class I don't mind one bit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Cyberpunk 2077 is 'far bigger than anything' CD Projekt Red has made
- View-Master goes next-gen with a new VR-powered View-Master
- Some iPhone 6S handsets are running so hot they are shutting down
- Roku 4 announced, has 4K support, remote finder and much more
- Tesla founder deletes his tweet that hinted towards 'Model Y' vehicle
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio