The TP-Link TL-WR941ND is an excellent product and one that can be picked up at a good price. I found the installation and setup to be easy, while there was nothing lacking in speed. I did have a small problem with firmware updates, but resetting to factory defaults and reinstalling the firmware sorted that out.
I also found a few minor security issues with the TL-WR941ND, though; I did not like the fact that the firewall was disabled by default and that there is no warning about Universal Plug and Play. It seems like a small thing, but in many cases your choice of router is the first line of protection against intrusion.
In all, the TL-WR941ND is still a good buy with its 49.99 U.S. Dollar price tag over at Newegg and you do get good performance out of it. Just make sure you turn the firewall on and disable UPnP.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch cartridge advantage killed by Lego game
- Apple veteran leaves for Oculus, will run VR hardware
- Razer servers fail again, profiles flicked to default
- Final 'Ghost in the Shell' trailer drops in
- Elon Musk wants to link your brain to a machine
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- DDR3 RAM question
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- GIGABYTE AX370-Gaming 5 (AMD X370) Motherboard Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design