The TL-WR941ND is along similar lines to most modern routers. You have lights in the front to indicate power, data transmission, what ports are connected etc. - As with many other companies, TP-Link has chosen a very stark white for the colour.
This, while not to my tastes (I personally do not like stark white equipment), still gives it an attractive look.
Taking a closer look at the front panel, we see a number of LEDs and these are labelled to indicate their function. One of particular interest is the QSS light. This is the Quick Secure Setup light and will flash green when you are connecting a device using QSS, flash red when a device fails to connect and stay on (green) when it is working properly.
Flipping the TL-WR941ND around, we see the RJ-45 ports and the sockets for the three antennas.
The TL-WR941ND has one 10/100 RJ-45 port for WAN (Wide Area Network) and four 10/100 ports for your LAN (local area network). The lack of Gigabit ports is a negative, especially when the majority of products are now offering Gigabit LAN.
The three antennas located on the back are removable and can be swivelled around for best reception and to fit the area the TL-WR941ND is located. The bottom of the TL-WR941ND has much of the default information including IP address and default username and password. This is handy to have if you need to reset the TL-WR841ND for any reason.
The TL-WR941ND supports the latest N Specification 2.0 draft as well as B and G. Wireless encryption types are WEP, WPA /WPA-2 PSK and PA /WPA-2 Radius. Both TKIP and AES are supported under WPA /WPA-2.
There is also support for Virtual Server port forwarding, DMZ setup and special hosts, auto and scheduled internet connection, UPnP, Dynamic DNS, static routing, DHCP and NAT. Furthermore, there's a built-in firewall with IP as well as Mac and Domain filtering to add to the feature set.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- PowerColor's new dual-GPU has 16GB of VRAM, requires 1000W of power
- QuakeCon 2016 announced for August 4-7, 2016
- Fallout 4 has more dialogue than Fallout 3 and Skyrim combined
- Batman: Arkham Knight is finally playable on PC thanks to new patch
- Early Access games dominate Steam game sales in 2015
- TP-LINK Archer C3200 Tri-Band AC3200 Wireless Router Review
- Does my motherbord support this RAM ?
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015