Package and Contents
First off, we start as normal with the package and contents. The box that Sapphire ships the board to the retail channel in is a black and green number with the company logo and the board model number shown on the front.
On the back of the box Sapphire puts a colour photo of the board which is very impressive. This gives Sapphire some very big brownie points in our book. Along with the pictures, there is a small amount of marketing info on the board.
Sapphire's software and documentation is rather light; however, while it feels thin, it's got all the info on the board, BIOS and software that is supplied on the DVD which has drivers and applications for both Vista and XP in 32-bit and 64-bit variants, whilst also including some overclocking software from AMD in the form of AMD Overdrive.
If the documentation and software seemed light, the accessories are definitely. There are two SATA data cables out of a total of six that the board supports, one molex to SATA power converter and a single IDE cable. And that's all she wrote.
This is something we have seen before on the Jetway combo board. This switch card is used to split the PCIe x16 lanes. If you want to use a single PCIe x16 card you put this card into the lower x16 slot; when this is done all 16 lanes are diverted to the top slot. When the card is removed, 8 lanes are taken from the top slot and diverted to the lower slot, giving an 8/8 setup.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sisoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 12 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ashley Madison growing, including almost 90K women last week
- Square Enix: Final Fantasy XV will launch to gamers sometime in 2016
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided scheduled for Feb. 23, 2016 launch
- Konami: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is 'stunning' on PC
- New $499 Elite Xbox One model sports 1TB SSDHD, Elite controller
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20