Accessories and Documentation
Opening up the box that Noctua ships inside next to the NH-U12P SE reveals a second fan and a bag of "goodies", along with a screwdriver to boot. Inside the "goodie" bag you will find more of what makes this a SE kit. Noctua includes most of the regular hardware, the screw driver, the four wire fan clips and the anti-vibration fan strips. The SE package goes a bit further. There is a metal case badge with the Noctua name and logo, some NH-H1 thermal compound and four fan speed and noise level reducers. These are what are referred to as the Ultra-Low Noise Adapters and Low Noise Adapters. They have included two of each, so if you choose to run both fans with these inline you have enough to keep things even.
Also packed inside the second box is the SecuFirm2 mounting kit and a fold-out style instruction pamphlet to use as a guide. The instruction sheet is small, but the simplicity of this mounting system doesn't need a whole lot of information to make it work.
Here is the SecuFirm2 out of the box. They have sent a LGA1366 back plate that is shielded with a layer of textured, black plastic. It's as easy as setting the board down over the back plate and start adding hardware to build it. With the plate in place you then drop the four, black spacers down on the bolts sticking up. After this you secure the curved brackets in the middle atop those spacers and secure with the thumb screws at the bottom left, stud side up. Then install the smaller brackets to the base of the cooler with the supplied screws. Add some NH-H1 and mate the NH-U12P SE and your Core i7 processor, this time using the spring surrounded screws to attach it to the studs on the base assembly.
It is a little easier to install the anti-vibration fan strips to the NH-U12P SE prior to getting the cooler mounted. When I released the fan that ships on the NH-U12P SE, it was tight and slightly tough to remove. I don't think they are going to be able to make any rattling, as secure as they are. Noctua just wants to make sure there is nothing getting in the way of some of the quietest computing possible.
Here we have a last look at the NH-U12P SE 1366 with one fan installed, ready for operation.
This time with two fans!
The final shot is what most of us will see of the NH-U12P SE1366 during its operation in through our case windows.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Noctua NH-U12P SE1366]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Nokia unveils its new OZO virtual reality camera, priced at $60,000
- Apple expected to launch even thinner MacBook Air models next year
- New 'Batman V Superman' teaser revels in animosity
- USB-C connector updated with Intel's Thunderbolt 3 transfer protocol
- Crimson Edition hotfix driver released, fixes fan and game issues
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- Synthesio Announces Janet Megdadi As Chief Revenue Officer
- Polk BOOM Adds to Ready 4 Anything Speaker Family with New Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr.
- Viper SmartStart 4.0 Now Lets You Control Your Car from Your Wrist
- Gemalto Payment HSM Supports Cloud Tokenization Requirements for Secure Mobile Payment Transactions and Digitization of Credit Card Credentials
- ALL-METAL LG ZERO BRINGS TOGETHER LUXURIOUS DESIGN WITH BEST CAMERA TECHNOLOGY