The Noctua NH-U12P SE1366
As you can plainly see, this is in fact a NH-U12P, as promoted; there aren't any modifications done to the amount of fins or the tried and true design of their coolers. This is a four heat-pipe cooler and both the pipes and the base are nickel plated copper, the fins remain, Noctua logo stamped, aluminium.
From the side you can see the staggered placement of the heat-pipes within the fins. This allows for each pipe to get more airflow directly on each heat-pipe. The side bends of the fins are there for support, but also aid in keeping the air directed to the rear, instead of letting it get wasted out the sides.
The top of the NH-U12P is made to accept both fans that Noctua has included with the SE packaging. The fins edge design is to increase airflow across them. Both the top and bottom outer tips on the fins are designed to snuggly hold a 120mm fan at the proper spacing to the fins edge, again to maximize airflow.
Here we have the top of the business end of the Noctua. They have taken a copper base and soldered the four heat-pipes and the top mounting plate for better heat transfer. They are in fact all copper, but have been plated in nickel for both keeping the oxidation off and for aesthetics as well. Lastly, the plastic "cup" the base is set in is stable enough to support the cooler while you are working to keep any minor mishaps from damaging it.
Here we have the business end of the NH-U12P SE1366. The camera actually picks up the milling marks more than the visible eye; this design isn't as prominent when just looking at the base. Checked against a razor, I find the base is flat as can be in every direction.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Noctua NH-U12P SE1366]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 gets 12 maps when it launches
- Qualcomm's new Snapdragon X16 modem capable of 1Gbps over LTE
- Hitman is part of AMD's Gaming Evolved program, includes DX12 features
- Infinity Ward is working on the next Call of Duty, due late this year
- Kanye West begins showing off his new video game
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives