TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
While at idle, the Titan Fenrir did ok, but not great. It reported in at 52.1°, some five degrees behind the best on our list, but this is due to the idle fan speed as well. Then I ran the load test and was really surprised to see what the temperature was, a mere 56.5° Celsius. This is a really good performer in my mind. Taking an average CFM fan and getting that type of result with just one fan is an admirable accomplishment.
Titan's claim to a low noise good cooling solution has tested well in temperatures, but what about the noise required during operation? - The Fenrir did an okay job at both idle and load testing and while they aren't setting any records with this solution, they are doing a better than average job of keeping noise at bay.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [TheTitan Fenrir TTC-NK85TZ]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo 3DS isn't going anywhere
- Messenger Lite now available in 150 additional countries
- Nintendo sold 2.74 million Switch systems in first month
- Nintendo profits increase by 521%
- Tekken 7's boxing kangaroo nixed due to animal activists
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives