TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
While at idle, the Titan Fenrir did ok, but not great. It reported in at 52.1°, some five degrees behind the best on our list, but this is due to the idle fan speed as well. Then I ran the load test and was really surprised to see what the temperature was, a mere 56.5° Celsius. This is a really good performer in my mind. Taking an average CFM fan and getting that type of result with just one fan is an admirable accomplishment.
Titan's claim to a low noise good cooling solution has tested well in temperatures, but what about the noise required during operation? - The Fenrir did an okay job at both idle and load testing and while they aren't setting any records with this solution, they are doing a better than average job of keeping noise at bay.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [TheTitan Fenrir TTC-NK85TZ]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Another stupid human crashes Google's self-driving party
- Xbox One S now gets free game of choice from Microsoft
- Apple's total cost to manufacture the iPhone 7 is $225
- Dota 2 the first to host a tournament on a cruise ship
- NVIDIA chip in the 'next revolutionary Apple product'
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now