TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
While at idle, the Titan Fenrir did ok, but not great. It reported in at 52.1°, some five degrees behind the best on our list, but this is due to the idle fan speed as well. Then I ran the load test and was really surprised to see what the temperature was, a mere 56.5° Celsius. This is a really good performer in my mind. Taking an average CFM fan and getting that type of result with just one fan is an admirable accomplishment.
Titan's claim to a low noise good cooling solution has tested well in temperatures, but what about the noise required during operation? - The Fenrir did an okay job at both idle and load testing and while they aren't setting any records with this solution, they are doing a better than average job of keeping noise at bay.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [TheTitan Fenrir TTC-NK85TZ]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- EA is centralizing its Battlefield games under a single UI
- AMD details their new Radeon RX 470 and RX 460 graphics cards
- Watch 26 minutes of leaked No Man's Sky footage
- Last day for Windows 10 free upgrade is today
- Radeon 16.7.3 drivers improve Rise of the Tomb Raider performance
- Z170 Deluxe Help Setup with RAID10 + SSD for OS
- C2750D4i no POST turns off after couple of seconds
- Linksys EA9500 MAX-STREAM AC5400 Wireless Router Review
- GA-X58A-UD7 Error Code 88 (or 8b something)
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio