Gigabyte has certainly come well up in the world. From the days of being OEM only and having a very low approval rating, we see that they have improved on this lot. Scoring rather well on the benchmark side of things, we can only assume they have driven as much speed out of this board as their production team could. Slightly behind the DFI motherboard in speed (though nothing to really write home about), the 8IRXP has done a remarkable job for an i845D based board.
Feature-wise; well we are speechless. With USB 2.0 we get 400Mbps USB connectivity for High Speed USB. LAN connectivity gives us PC to PC contact, or that all-important Ethernet port for Broadband Internet access. Promise ATA-133 RAID ensures us that we have support for RAID functions as well as future ATA-133 IDE drives. Until we see the Intel ICH3 chip, we will have to rely on external chips for ATA-133 on the Intel platform.
Stability and Overclocking are very well rounded. Overclocking allows you to pretty well run insane speeds with AGP and PCI dividers at 133MHz to allow AGP/PCI default operations, so this could well be one of the boards that will be an overclockers' delight for the 533Mhz P4. Stability was uncompromised by overclocking, 133MHz FSB was no effort for this board with our unlocked P4. Pushing beyond 133MHz gave us a total of 143MHz FSB. Limitations on AGP prevented any further increases with the GeForce3 card.
On the whole, this board is what Overclockers and Hardcore users dream about. No doubt in my mind, Gigabyte are on the road to glory.
Super overclocking options
Rating - 9/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Call of Duty WWII releases November 3
- Stardock: Switch doesn't really need third-party games
- Project Scorpio 4K vs 1080p side by side comparison
- PSN and Xbox LIVE hacker imprisoned for two years
- GALAX GTX 1080 Ti HOF, 3 x 8-pin PCIe power & LCD panel
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter
- SteelSeries brings gamers the world's first dual-surface RGB illuminated mousepad - introducing the QcK Prism