Gigabyte has certainly come well up in the world. From the days of being OEM only and having a very low approval rating, we see that they have improved on this lot. Scoring rather well on the benchmark side of things, we can only assume they have driven as much speed out of this board as their production team could. Slightly behind the DFI motherboard in speed (though nothing to really write home about), the 8IRXP has done a remarkable job for an i845D based board.
Feature-wise; well we are speechless. With USB 2.0 we get 400Mbps USB connectivity for High Speed USB. LAN connectivity gives us PC to PC contact, or that all-important Ethernet port for Broadband Internet access. Promise ATA-133 RAID ensures us that we have support for RAID functions as well as future ATA-133 IDE drives. Until we see the Intel ICH3 chip, we will have to rely on external chips for ATA-133 on the Intel platform.
Stability and Overclocking are very well rounded. Overclocking allows you to pretty well run insane speeds with AGP and PCI dividers at 133MHz to allow AGP/PCI default operations, so this could well be one of the boards that will be an overclockers' delight for the 533Mhz P4. Stability was uncompromised by overclocking, 133MHz FSB was no effort for this board with our unlocked P4. Pushing beyond 133MHz gave us a total of 143MHz FSB. Limitations on AGP prevented any further increases with the GeForce3 card.
On the whole, this board is what Overclockers and Hardcore users dream about. No doubt in my mind, Gigabyte are on the road to glory.
Super overclocking options
Rating - 9/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Das Keyboard takes $20 off keyboards, $0 shipping for holiday sales
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Razer injects chromatic flavor into Lenovo's new gaming PC lineup
- NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 900 series price drops for the holidays
- Rumor: Sony unlocks PS4's seventh core to boost performance
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis