Gigabyte has certainly come well up in the world. From the days of being OEM only and having a very low approval rating, we see that they have improved on this lot. Scoring rather well on the benchmark side of things, we can only assume they have driven as much speed out of this board as their production team could. Slightly behind the DFI motherboard in speed (though nothing to really write home about), the 8IRXP has done a remarkable job for an i845D based board.
Feature-wise; well we are speechless. With USB 2.0 we get 400Mbps USB connectivity for High Speed USB. LAN connectivity gives us PC to PC contact, or that all-important Ethernet port for Broadband Internet access. Promise ATA-133 RAID ensures us that we have support for RAID functions as well as future ATA-133 IDE drives. Until we see the Intel ICH3 chip, we will have to rely on external chips for ATA-133 on the Intel platform.
Stability and Overclocking are very well rounded. Overclocking allows you to pretty well run insane speeds with AGP and PCI dividers at 133MHz to allow AGP/PCI default operations, so this could well be one of the boards that will be an overclockers' delight for the 533Mhz P4. Stability was uncompromised by overclocking, 133MHz FSB was no effort for this board with our unlocked P4. Pushing beyond 133MHz gave us a total of 143MHz FSB. Limitations on AGP prevented any further increases with the GeForce3 card.
On the whole, this board is what Overclockers and Hardcore users dream about. No doubt in my mind, Gigabyte are on the road to glory.
Super overclocking options
Rating - 9/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA shows off 4K 60FPS footage of Titanfall 2 on PC
- NVIDIA's new Xavier chip is super-fast, powered by Volta
- Star Citizen boss: it's the 'best damn everything sim'
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti teased for January 2017
- Windows 10 is now on over 400 million devices
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now