Pulling the card out of the box, we see the Zalman cooler really stands out. The particular model we're seeing isn't one we've seen on a graphics card before and it looks pretty impressive with a number of heat pipes coming out of the bottom.
If you look carefully you can see the copper base of the cooler; this helps get the hot air off the GPU and move it through the heat pipes and away from the card. Across the bottom we can see the model number, GV-N250ZL-1GB (the ZL stands for Zalman).
Moving around, we can see a single PCI-E connector at the back of the card. While generally speaking this isn't all that interesting, compared to the Palit and Galaxy GTS 250 we recently looked at this is only half of what these two cards required.
Closer to the front of the card we see a single SLI connector which is again interesting since we saw Palit and Galaxy include two of these. What this means is that you can only run two of these cards together, but this isn't really a bad thing as running a GTS 250 in Tri SLI is pretty pointless and your money would be better off spent on a single higher end card. Also, if you look carefully we can see the Zalman model mentioned; in this case the particular heatsink fan used is the "VF1050".
Moving to the I/O side of things, we can see that there is a Dual-Link DVI connector, VGA connector and HDMI port; an identical arrangement to the Palit and Galaxy GTS 250s. If you need dual DVI connectivity, it's worth remembering that GIGABYTE has included a HDMI to DVI connector in the bundle.
As far as clock rates go, the GIGABYTE card seems to carry default GPU and Shader clocks, these being 738MHz and 1836MHz respectively.
As for the 1GB of GDDR3 memory, it carries with it a 2200MHz DDR clock. There isn't really anything too exciting here, so let's just get stuck into the benchmarks and see what it translates to.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.