The front of the box gives us a pretty standard run down on information. Across the top we have the model brand and below that a description on what exactly we're looking at here; in this case, an 8x external Slim DVD Writer. We can also see here that the drive is portable and USB powered, providing the USB ports are of course 2.0.
Moving further down the box, we have a picture of the drive and below that some logos. Towards the bottom left we have some specs on the drive which includes 8x DVD-/+R, 6x DVD-/+R DL, 5x DVD-/+RAM, 8x DVD+RW, 6x DVD-RW and 8x DVD-ROM. Further to the right we have the mention of a vertical stand being included in the package, some notes about the power and finally a mention of what color drive is included.
Inside the package we have a quick installation leaflet that lets you know how to get the drive up and running alongside a CD that includes Nero 7 Essentials so that you can get up and burning in no time.
Also included inside is the vertical stand we saw mentioned on the front of the box alongside a mini USB to dual USB connector. What was also supposed to be included, but not present in our package, was an AC adapter. We will talk about this more on the next page.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The ROM Drive]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Nero Disc Speed]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung making next-gen 4K mobile displays with 800PPI
- HIS roars, launches their Radeon RX 500 series cards
- Intel launching 12C/24T chips with X299 on May 30
- GTA V is teaching autonomous cars how to drive
- Twitch plans to rope YouTubers with new tip system
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- Promise Technology Apollo Cloud 2TB Review
- HDD is going bad. Best way to transfer to new HDD?
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club
- Nokia announces next-generation technologies for the advancement of virtual reality with 'OZO Reality' vision and partner ecosystem
- Razer expands the Razer Hammerhead v2 in-ear audio line with Bluetooth and iOS Lightning models
- MSI announces new thin and light GP62X and GP72X Leopard Pro Series gaming laptops
- EK is releasing Full-Cover water blocks for the ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti