The front of the box gives us a pretty standard run down on information. Across the top we have the model brand and below that a description on what exactly we're looking at here; in this case, an 8x external Slim DVD Writer. We can also see here that the drive is portable and USB powered, providing the USB ports are of course 2.0.
Moving further down the box, we have a picture of the drive and below that some logos. Towards the bottom left we have some specs on the drive which includes 8x DVD-/+R, 6x DVD-/+R DL, 5x DVD-/+RAM, 8x DVD+RW, 6x DVD-RW and 8x DVD-ROM. Further to the right we have the mention of a vertical stand being included in the package, some notes about the power and finally a mention of what color drive is included.
Inside the package we have a quick installation leaflet that lets you know how to get the drive up and running alongside a CD that includes Nero 7 Essentials so that you can get up and burning in no time.
Also included inside is the vertical stand we saw mentioned on the front of the box alongside a mini USB to dual USB connector. What was also supposed to be included, but not present in our package, was an AC adapter. We will talk about this more on the next page.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The ROM Drive]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Nero Disc Speed]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel Core i9-7920X: 12C/24T @ 4GHz, 140W TDP, and $1199
- AMD Ryzen ThreadRipper features next-gen packaging
- Bethesda sale: $13 Doom, cheap ESO and more
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds continues titanic growth
- Next-gen Hololens to have custom AI chip
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- graphics card not detected via riser cable
- Maximum ratio (x39) with 4,06GHz for i7 4770 on GA Z87X-UD3H?
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4