The front of the box gives us a pretty standard run down on information. Across the top we have the model brand and below that a description on what exactly we're looking at here; in this case, an 8x external Slim DVD Writer. We can also see here that the drive is portable and USB powered, providing the USB ports are of course 2.0.
Moving further down the box, we have a picture of the drive and below that some logos. Towards the bottom left we have some specs on the drive which includes 8x DVD-/+R, 6x DVD-/+R DL, 5x DVD-/+RAM, 8x DVD+RW, 6x DVD-RW and 8x DVD-ROM. Further to the right we have the mention of a vertical stand being included in the package, some notes about the power and finally a mention of what color drive is included.
Inside the package we have a quick installation leaflet that lets you know how to get the drive up and running alongside a CD that includes Nero 7 Essentials so that you can get up and burning in no time.
Also included inside is the vertical stand we saw mentioned on the front of the box alongside a mini USB to dual USB connector. What was also supposed to be included, but not present in our package, was an AC adapter. We will talk about this more on the next page.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The ROM Drive]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Nero Disc Speed]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shares skyrocket to 8-year high
- Alienware Aurora reach reasonable price for Memorial Day
- GTA Online earns big for Take-Two
- Red Dead Redemption 2 built from scratch for consoles
- Square Enix to embrace games as a service business model
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017