When it comes to pulling the card out, we don't see anything that would surprise here, as like most companies ASUS has chosen to stick with the reference design. For the most part we can see the massive shroud that covers the entire card.
As far as ASUS' special touch has gone, we can see a sticker that has a picture similar to the front of the box along with the ASUS logo to the right. To the right of the card we can see where the fan draws the cool air in.
Looking around the card, we continue to see nothing unusual. At the top of the card and towards the back we have three connectors; one 6-pin PCI-E power connector, one 8-pin PCI-E power connector and another connector that is used in conjunction with the S/PDIF loopback cable that is included in the package. We can also see here that ASUS has added another sticker to the card. In the event you have a window in your PC, people will be able to clearly see the brand.
Up towards the front of the card we have a single SLI connector. Of course, only the one is present due to the fact that you can only have a maximum of two of these cards running together, which in essence gives you a grand total of four GPUs.
Having a look at the front of the card, we can see a number of holes that help let the hot air escape. Also present here are two Dual-Link DVI connectors along with a single HDMI connector.
ASUS hasn't done anything with the clocks which means we find the core comes in at the stock 576MHz and the shader and memory following with 1242MHz and 1998MHz DDR respectively.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.