Power supply manufacturers always try to walk a fine balance between quality and price. Sometimes, the cool modular cabling, LED fans, polished exterior and huge wattage capacity are features many buyers consider optional. This audience is more concerned about the performance and value of a power supply instead of a few nifty extras. Tagan offers power supply products that cover both audiences and have been doing so since 2001.
Tagan Technology Corporation is a division of Maxpoint GMBH in Germany with branch offices in the United Kingdom, France and Taiwan. Here in the U.S. the products are marketed under the Tagan brand, but to confuse things a little more, the products are also marketed under Nanopoint Technology, a company defined as a manufacturer of power supply units, mobile and data storage enclosures, PC accessories and peripherals.
Today, we take a look at a member of the Tagan SuperRock series of power supplies. Our sample is an 880 watt version, the TG880-U33II. Other capacities are available which range from a modest 400 Watts through 1200 Watts. These power supplies are non-modular units that make a number of claims regarding voltage stability, efficiency and high-end components. We look past the brochure and subject the power supply to our new PSU test regimen and then take it apart to see if the claims are all true. Can the Tagan SuperRock 880 Watt live up to the claims? - Heads I win; tails we have an electrical fire.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Package]
- Page 4 [In the Box]
- Page 5 [The Power Supply]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- iPhone 7 could have a 3.5mm headphone jack after all
- Doom PC specs released, takes up 50GB on PS4 and Xbox One
- Overwatch beta goes live on all platforms
- New Xbox will be '5 times more powerful' than PS4 Neo, rocks 10 TFLOPs
- NVIDIA confirms the GeForce GTX 1080 cooler, kinda
- H97MPro4 - Machine mysteriously turns back on in Win7
- Windows 10 install - Raid 0 SSDs
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Slim Drive 2TB USB C Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R won't post
- Creative iRoar Intelligent Bluetooth Speaker Review
- Turtle Beach reinvents eSports gaming headsets with the Elite Pro
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini