Power supply manufacturers always try to walk a fine balance between quality and price. Sometimes, the cool modular cabling, LED fans, polished exterior and huge wattage capacity are features many buyers consider optional. This audience is more concerned about the performance and value of a power supply instead of a few nifty extras. Tagan offers power supply products that cover both audiences and have been doing so since 2001.
Tagan Technology Corporation is a division of Maxpoint GMBH in Germany with branch offices in the United Kingdom, France and Taiwan. Here in the U.S. the products are marketed under the Tagan brand, but to confuse things a little more, the products are also marketed under Nanopoint Technology, a company defined as a manufacturer of power supply units, mobile and data storage enclosures, PC accessories and peripherals.
Today, we take a look at a member of the Tagan SuperRock series of power supplies. Our sample is an 880 watt version, the TG880-U33II. Other capacities are available which range from a modest 400 Watts through 1200 Watts. These power supplies are non-modular units that make a number of claims regarding voltage stability, efficiency and high-end components. We look past the brochure and subject the power supply to our new PSU test regimen and then take it apart to see if the claims are all true. Can the Tagan SuperRock 880 Watt live up to the claims? - Heads I win; tails we have an electrical fire.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Package]
- Page 4 [In the Box]
- Page 5 [The Power Supply]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni