Mic, Check 1..2..
It's easy to forget that these cans have a mic-boom attached to them. It folds up so neatly with the headband to keep it out of the way that you just don't even realise it is there.
Putting it to some use in TF2, you can tell that Razer have taken pains to ensure that the filtering and pickup is really tailored to the frequencies associated with speech.
Very little background noise, such as computer hum and breathing, is picked up which really helps you to be understood when you are trying to co-ordinate an attack.
The mic boom is bendy at the mid-point, so it can be positioned as required and will swing through a full 180 degrees (should your mouth be under your chin).
Also worth mentioning is the in-line controls that Razer have included; they allow quick and easy volume adjustment as well as mic-muting, with a clip to attach it to an item of clothing to keep it in easy reach.
The only real gripes I have about these headphones are firstly, the price. At 79.99 U.S. Dollars from Amazon, this is a bit steep for the amount of features being offered and there aren't even any blue LEDs! - Secondly, there is no muting ability for the headphones, only for the microphone. Although this is a minor niggle, it's still a feature I would have liked to have seen.
Despite these issues, I would say that if you can flash the cash, these should be on your list; they won't disappoint.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch not backward compatible with Wii U games
- Hugh Jackman plays Wolverine one last time in 'Logan'
- Ubisoft teases 'game changing' patch for The Division
- AMD's new RSCE 16.10.2 drivers ready for Battlefield 1
- AMD to launch cut-down RX 470, competes with GTX 1050 Ti
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- EVGA DG-87 Full-Tower Gaming Chassis Review
- New PC - no display on a screen, 3 beeps
- windows usb install file
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system
- PowerColor starts selling the DEVIL Box external graphics solution
- ESL to power PlayStation 4 competitive gaming
- Samsung rolls out industry's first 8GB LPDDR4 DRAM package