Block Rockin' Beats
One thing that struck me as a clever design aspect with these headphone jacks is the lack of colour on the outer rubber casing. Instead Razer has decided to colour the isolation rings inside the gold plated jacks themselves to give that touch of pure class!
With the headphones plugged in, I quickly scour my music selection for a few good test tunes, some beats, some melodies and some classical.
Another thing struck me as being different about these headphones compared to their smaller brethren, the Piranha, is the lack of a USB connector to make the Razer logos light up. Where are my blue LEDs? - I demand blue LEDs!
After a few hours of testing and messing around with volumes and such, I can say that these headphones do not disappoint. The bass is big, the treble is peaky and the mids are broad and filling. Razer has really made sure that they have included some quality units inside these cans, that's for sure.
Of course, testing them with music is one thing; but how do they compare to in-game usage? - There is only one way to find out.
Loading up some TF2, you can really hear the insults coming in nice and clear. Right down to the mouth breathing. The sounds of the sentries are sweet music to my ears.
Going a bit more atmospheric now, into HL2 there is a really nice environment created by the quality of these headphones; the soundtrack and the background noises really start to creep you out after a while. The only downside of course is that these are not surround sound, so there is only bi-directional sound location awareness.
So, with the sound reproduction quality laid to rest, it's time to look at the microphone's abilities.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Square Enix to embrace games as a service business model
- Red Dead 2 delay won't interrupt future Rockstar games
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017