Upon checking out the Galaxy box, we can see the name across the top of the box while the middle is taken up mainly by a picture of a spider on a web. Here we can also see the Xtreme Tuner sticker, which is Galaxy's own overclocking software.
Across the bottom of the box we have a number of logos, one of which is a new one. We can see that there is mention of this card being 3D Vision ready, which is of course the new 3D gaming technology released a few months ago. To make use of it, though, you will need the glasses and a compatible monitor. Moving along the bottom of the box, we also see that the card is HDMI ready and we of course see the model mentioned and the fact that the card comes with 1GB of GDDR3 memory on a 256-bit memory bus.
Turning the box over, we've just got a bit of information on the technology present in the GPU and what it's capable of. We also have a bit of a blurb on PhysX and a run-down on SLI and what's needed to get it going.
Moving inside the package, we've got a fair bit going on here. Apart from the standard manual and driver disc, we have the Xtreme Tuner software that we saw mentioned on the front of the box along with a user guide on how to operate it. Finally, we have another piece of paper that lets us know how the HDMI loop-back cable works.
In the cable department we have two dual molex to 6-pin PCI Express power connectors, an S-Video TV-Out cable, S/PDIF cable to get sound through a HDMI port and also a S-Video to Component convertor.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.