The GTX 260 really has had some good development since its release and it's nice to see that Palit has moved with the card. The Sonic version of this 55nm, 216 stream processor GTX 260 is great. Performance is great and the overall design with the choice of cooler is also great; the card really is just, great!
It helps fill a price gap that ATI currently don't have. If you want to spend more than a HD 4870, but not as much as a HD 4870 X2, get a GTX 260. If you want something that packs a bit more punch, though, and you're willing to spend a few extra dollars, get yourself the Palit GTX 260 Sonic SP216.
While on the topic of the SP216, this is an extremely important part to look for, otherwise you could well end up with a card based on the original 65nm design with 192 stream processors.
As we have just mentioned, the Palit GTX 260 Sonic 216SP is a great card; there's not really anything wrong with it and while the bundle might not include a full version game, it's one of the cheaper overclocked GTX 260s on the market which is a more important feature to most.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.