Before I get into the testing of the product, I would like to say a big thank you to OCZ for releasing 64-bit drivers for the device. More manufacturers need to wake up and realise that the era of 32-bit OS's is almost dead and it's time to move up to 64-bit.
Installing the available x64 drivers from OCZ's website will load you up with their calibration suite and drivers so that you can connect your NIA up to your PC. This is where the fun begins.
Plugging in your headset and strapping it on is simple and comfortable; just follow the included instructional video in the setup screens to ensure a snug fit and optimum positioning.
Now comes a tricky part, calibrating the headset...
When the software asks you to get your 'brain-wave' down to the green line, it can seem almost utterly impossible as it jerks about at the top of the graph. This is because of localised Electro-Magnetic interference caused by items such as cell phone chargers and other power-brick devices.
You will notice if you touch your hand to the case of the filter, it brings your 'brain-wave' right down to the desired level, or at least, it should. But if you are still getting a large amount of interference then you will have to go on a hunt for the noise maker.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The Mad Max game looks absolutely stunning in 8K
- OSVR updates its hardware, delivers 1080p 120Hz display and more
- WhatsApp is now home to 900 million users
- Toyota pledges $50 million into autonomous car research centers at MIT
- PowerColor's new dual-GPU has 16GB of VRAM, requires 1000W of power
- Reset BIOS on ASRock Beebox N3150 w/o mouse/keyb.
- Gigabyte GA-170-DH3
- TP-LINK Archer C3200 Tri-Band AC3200 Wireless Router Review
- Does my motherbord support this RAM ?
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015