OCZ is a company that has joined the gaming peripherals bandwagon only in recent times, launching a slew of products such as the OCZ Dominatrix Mouse.
Now they have decided that anybody can release a mouse and keyboard and instead their top engineers have come up with a completely revolutionary input device - the Neural impulse Actuator (or NIA for short).
By harnessing the power of your facial muscles, you can substitute keyboard and joystick controls in-game and free up your left hand for other key combinations.
The device itself is designed to be used in conjunction with a mouse when playing FPS or RPGs in order to take advantage of what OCZ describe as "reflex-based game play" which can enhance your performance by up to 50%.
In the box we get drivers, a cable, the headband and signal filter box, all packaged neatly in foam to prevent damage which really reflects the quality of the device along with the one piece black anodised aluminium filter box.
The filter box itself is powered from the USB port and doesn't involve any excessive cabling, which is a nice touch seeing as most electronics are 5volts as standard. The headband is a black rubber affair, with nanofiber based electrodes that sit snug against the skin to measure your bio-electric signals; providing the input method for the device.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD