Talk To Me
A feature that the newly released Amazon Kindle 2 is sporting is the ability to turn text into spoken words, essentially turning any text you have into some easy listening audio. This is a feature that will broaden the market for the device by including people who have literacy related handicaps such as dyslexia or trouble reading from computerised displays. I am hoping that Sony will follow suit quickly by releasing improved firmware for the device, allowing me to play back whole books in spoken format, or even just single pages (hint hint Sony).
There is not a lot more I can say about this device and that is not a bad thing, considering the intended functionality of the device. It does exactly what it says with no excess features and it's all wrapped up in a quality Sony-design.
Despite my love/hate relationship of Sony products, I continue to buy them because they are a brand that I have been pleased with time and time again and they induce a certain gadget lust in me. Understated and minimal designs are apparent with the e-book reader; a sleek one piece aluminium shell and matching buttons provide all the functionality you could need.
I recommend this reader for anyone who, like me, gets through a lot of books. Most avid readers could justify the cost of it inside two years, especially when taking into account the purchase of a consistent amount of paper backs and the occasional hardback release per a year.
Join the 21st century and save the rainforest in a completely geeky way!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Life is Strange getting a live-action episodic series
- Nintendo financials plunge, even with Pokemon GO's immense success
- Crucial expands its affordable MX300 SSD range with 3 new drives
- AMD Radeon Pro graphics card powers 16K display, or 15,360 x 8640
- Microsoft will use Windows 10 to sabotage Steam, says Epic Games boss
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio