Talk To Me
A feature that the newly released Amazon Kindle 2 is sporting is the ability to turn text into spoken words, essentially turning any text you have into some easy listening audio. This is a feature that will broaden the market for the device by including people who have literacy related handicaps such as dyslexia or trouble reading from computerised displays. I am hoping that Sony will follow suit quickly by releasing improved firmware for the device, allowing me to play back whole books in spoken format, or even just single pages (hint hint Sony).
There is not a lot more I can say about this device and that is not a bad thing, considering the intended functionality of the device. It does exactly what it says with no excess features and it's all wrapped up in a quality Sony-design.
Despite my love/hate relationship of Sony products, I continue to buy them because they are a brand that I have been pleased with time and time again and they induce a certain gadget lust in me. Understated and minimal designs are apparent with the e-book reader; a sleek one piece aluminium shell and matching buttons provide all the functionality you could need.
I recommend this reader for anyone who, like me, gets through a lot of books. Most avid readers could justify the cost of it inside two years, especially when taking into account the purchase of a consistent amount of paper backs and the occasional hardback release per a year.
Join the 21st century and save the rainforest in a completely geeky way!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- EVGA's new GeForce GTX 1080 features ACX 3.0 cooling, and more
- Colorful's new iGame GeForce GTX 1080 has stock GPU clock of 1.84GHz
- NBC announces it will air Rio Olympics in 4K, HDR and even Dolby Atmos
- 360 million MySpace passwords can be purchased for just $2,800
- No Man's Sky officially delayed until August, for VR support?
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Colorful introduces first custom GTX1080: Colorful iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G
- CybertronPC offers new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics on all desktops
- Inno3D announces new GeForce GTX 1080 video cards
- Samsung Electronics expands 750 EVO SSD with worldwide availability and increases capacity to 500GB
- Free public gamer event E3 Live to debut in Los Angeles