Easy On The Eyes
A great feature of the firmware on board the reader is the ability to select from three different zoom levels on the text to suit your eye-comfort-zone, which can come in handy when you start importing all kinds of strange font-sized PDFs and have to zoom right in to make the text readable.
8-bit greyscale means that images are supported in the reader and you can view images in PDFs as well as regular images. This makes the e-reader also perfect for technical documentation and datasheets (as an electronics engineer, I am constantly referring to them).
After a few good books, it was time to charge the reader. I think the 6800 page-turns was a bit optimistic of Sony and realistically i'd say you are more likely to get about 4000 pages if you are doing nothing but flicking forward through them.
This is still a vast improvement over my Palm TX PDA which managed about 300 pages before giving up the ghost. And long before that, it would bitch to me about low battery every 5 minutes or so, like the world was going to end unless I find an electrical socket in time.
The bottom of the reader hides a few surprises, too. Alongside the mini-USB socket lies a power plug socket, 3.5mm headphone jack and volume rocker switch. Now, you are probably thinking... "wait, a 3.5mm headphone jack? - this thing plays music?!" - That's right, it plays non DRM'd MP3s and AAC files! - The inclusion of this feature is not superfluous either, as people often like to listen to e-books in bed and some like to listen to music while they read.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Latest News Posts
- X299 AORUS Gaming 9 teased, ready for 12C/24T CPUs
- Nintendo to produce 18 million Switch consoles this year
- GIVEAWAY: Patriot Viper V570 Mouse and V370 RGB Headset
- Huawei launches new nova 2 with dual rear camera
- Nintendo shares skyrocket to 8-year high
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017