Enough about my love life; I shelled out of my own pocket to get one of these babies because I like to read a phenomenal amount of books and have managed to already accumulate a small plantations worth of wood pulp. Time to bring things into the 21st century!
Jacking this in with the supplied mini-USB cable to my computer and installing the supplied Sony software, I can register my e-book purchase with their online store which grants me the 100 free classic novel titles to choose out of over 900 (limited time offer at the time of writing).
The software is easy enough to use, but lacks the flow of something like iTunes purchase management. I have found it is easier to transfer any open format reading material using a memory card over using the software.
Once the reader was charged up and loaded with some reading material, it was time to hit the hay with my new sleek and silver beauty.
Bedside lamp reading conditions usually spell doom for any non-backlit device with awkward glare and poor contrast ratios, but not for the e-ink display! This thrives in just about any lighting condition, thanks to the completely different way in which e-ink and e-paper displays work.
If you want to find out more details on how it works, check out these sites:
I'll spare the technicals with regard to how the screen operates here, but I will tell you it looks like you are reading a printed page! The background of the display is off-white with a clear crisp black text on top, making it easy on the eyes and feeling just like reading a paperback.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve planning Steam home page visual revamp, and more
- Yahoo admits 500 million accounts hacked in 2014
- Xbox Scorpio announced early to not piss gamers off
- 7nm CPU from AMD in 2019 with 8 threads, just 10W power
- Google tease 'Andromeda' as a merge of Android/Chrome OS
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now