ASRock uses the Award Tab BIOS as we like to call it. This BIOS is used by Intel on their reference boards as well as ASUS on all of their current boards, which makes it pretty familiar. But it is a bit daunting at times as there are quite a few different menus for you to go through to find all the overclocking settings.
Under the Advanced tab you will find a plethora of sub menus. Under the Chipset Features menu you'll find all the overclocking relevant settings which are also under some sub menus.
Base Clock (MHz): 133MHz to 300MHz in 1MHz increments
PCIe Frequency (MHz): 100MHz to 200MHz in 1MHz Increments
CPU Voltage: 0.84375v to 1.6v to 0.00625v Increments
DRAM Voltage: 1.53v to 2.451v in various Increments
DRAM CRTL Ref Voltage: -0.06741v to +0.08v in various Increments
DRAM DATA Ref Voltage: -0.06741v to +0.08v in various Increments
IOH Voltage: 1.11v to 1.49v in various Increments
VTT Offset Voltage: +0mV to +300mV in 100mV Increments
ICH Voltage; 1.12v to 1.56v in 0.02v Increments
IOH CSI Voltage: 1.12v to 1.56v in 0.02v Increments
IOH/ICH PCIE Voltage: 1.52v to 1.9v in 0.02v Increments
CPU PLL Voltage: 1.82v to 2.50v in 0.02v Increments
Now this was impressive! - For a board that we wouldn't put into the tier 1 category, it has managed to give us a very impressive overclock of 185MHz BCLK, but it was the fact that we managed to hit 3.7GHz on the CPU (100% stable) which really gave us a good notion about the board.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking, or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sisoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 12 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Three new Xbox One S deals for release week
- New Battlefield series interface launches on PS4
- WhatsApp to share user data with Facebook
- Domino's Pizza begins testing drone delivery
- The best way to rock out to premium audio anywhere
- Intel shows Merged Reality Technologies at IDF 2016
- Lenovo ThinkPad P70 Mobile Workstation Notebook Review
- GA-x99 Gaming 5 , Recon3Di audio problem ,windows 8.1 robot sound
- Could be used the both Intel graphics card and Nvidia graphics card at same time on Asus K555LB laptop?
- Asus Zenbook pro ux501vw touchscreen?
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller