Package and Contents
Starting off with the box that the X58 SuperComputer comes to us in, the size tells us a lot. Compared to most X58's being shipped in the oversized boxes, ASRock places their X58 offering in a standard sized box. The front has very little art work. However, the font is semi-holographic that changes colour when aimed at the light in certain directions; a very nice touch.
On the back of the box we are pleasantly surprised with what we see. For a company like ASRock to place colour photos of the board itself where larger tier 1 companies are omitting them, this is a big bonus. Along with the photos of the board there is more information on the boards features and settings; enough to help you make a decision as to whether or not this is the board for you.
ASRock doesn't really go overboard with the documentation and software, but it's more than ample. The single user manual that is included in the box is rather thick with over 100 pages and gives a good description of the BIOS, boards layout and setup as well as the software included on the DVD which covers XP and Vista 32-bit and 64-bit OS's.
As for the additional accessories, the X58 SuperComputer has one of the best out of the box compatibilities we have seen. A total of six SATA data and two Molex to SATA power converter cables make up the list along with an IDE and FDD cable as well as SLI and Crossfire cables, giving the board a wide setup option.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sisoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 12 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Amazon's new Prime Air drones deliver packages in 30 minutes or less
- Star Wars Battlefront weekend PC players doubled by Team Fortress 2
- University of California develops valuable injury training simulation
- VTech hacked and 4.8 million accounts compromised, links to children
- 4K TV show tormenting is now a reality
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis