Setup and Installation
The setup for the TEW-645UB is extremely simple; plug the adapter into any available USB 2.0 port, drop the drivers CD-ROM in and you are off and running.
Included with the installation media is also a free subscription for McAfee Anti-Virus. This can be found by clicking the bonus button on the main installer screen.
The software version that we played with was 126.96.36.199 with driver version 188.8.131.52. The user interface is very straight forward; you have tabs for link information, site survey and profiles.
On the Link Information tab you get all of the detailed information about your current wireless connection. This is everything from signal strength to the frequency that you are connecting over.
The next tab is the site survey; on this tab you will see information about all of the wireless connections within range. The signal strength, wireless mode, encryption type, channel and BSSID (usually the MAC of the Access Point).
You can choose a network and connect directly from this page by following the prompts.
The last tab is the profile tab; here you can create profiles for commonly used networks. A profile, once created, will save you time and trouble inputting WEP or WPA(2) keys and pass phrases.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung making next-gen 4K mobile displays with 800PPI
- HIS roars, launches their Radeon RX 500 series cards
- Intel launching 12C/24T chips with X299 on May 30
- GTA V is teaching autonomous cars how to drive
- Twitch plans to rope YouTubers with new tip system
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- Promise Technology Apollo Cloud 2TB Review
- HDD is going bad. Best way to transfer to new HDD?
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club
- Nokia announces next-generation technologies for the advancement of virtual reality with 'OZO Reality' vision and partner ecosystem
- Razer expands the Razer Hammerhead v2 in-ear audio line with Bluetooth and iOS Lightning models
- MSI announces new thin and light GP62X and GP72X Leopard Pro Series gaming laptops
- EK is releasing Full-Cover water blocks for the ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti