Setup and Installation
The setup for the TEW-645UB is extremely simple; plug the adapter into any available USB 2.0 port, drop the drivers CD-ROM in and you are off and running.
Included with the installation media is also a free subscription for McAfee Anti-Virus. This can be found by clicking the bonus button on the main installer screen.
The software version that we played with was 22.214.171.124 with driver version 126.96.36.199. The user interface is very straight forward; you have tabs for link information, site survey and profiles.
On the Link Information tab you get all of the detailed information about your current wireless connection. This is everything from signal strength to the frequency that you are connecting over.
The next tab is the site survey; on this tab you will see information about all of the wireless connections within range. The signal strength, wireless mode, encryption type, channel and BSSID (usually the MAC of the Access Point).
You can choose a network and connect directly from this page by following the prompts.
The last tab is the profile tab; here you can create profiles for commonly used networks. A profile, once created, will save you time and trouble inputting WEP or WPA(2) keys and pass phrases.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hey MSI, where's your GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning?
- EVGA unveils GTX 1080 Ti SC, SC2, and FTW3 variants
- Overwatch map editor, highlight savings are coming soon
- GTX 1080 Ti hits 3GHz on LN2, all on reference PCB
- Mass Effect: Andromeda has a $100 microtransaction
- Gamdias Hermes P1 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- H170-PLUS D3 and i7 7700K, both new computer says nothing.
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Can't find thumbscrews in PC-O9
- Lost Audio on Asus GL753 VE-DS74 Laptop
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse
- ASUS announces USB-AC53 Nano Wi-Fi adapter