Setup and Installation
Right then, the first step once everything is unpacked and ready to go is to insert the USB dongle into a vacant USB port and attach the supplied USB charging cable, firstly to the dongle and then to the headphones.
Once this is done it's time to play the waiting game as the lithium polymer battery takes its first charge. According to ASUS the first charge should be four hours with successive charges being two and a half hours in duration. Upon completion of this initial charge the cable should be disconnected and the headphones set to "On" with or without the microphone being activated, depending on the current use.
Although this isn't stipulated in the manual, at this point it is important to set your Windows sound device to "Avnera audio device" and UN-select whatever sound device you have running. I also found it necessary to click on the volume slider until a sound is heard in the headphones. There may also be a need to restart Winamp or whatever software you have running before you can listen to these headphones.
Now, I assume the lack of dedicated software is the reason the user has to go through these small checkpoints each time these headphones are used. I did not encounter any further issues, but it is very important to follow what I have said above.
Given the simplicity of this product there is not a great deal more that must be covered. After all, they are very much designed to be a simple product that is for the most part, 'plug and play'; or as I sometimes like to refer to it, 'plug and pray'.
Now, before moving on I'll quickly mention that in order to sync the USB dongle and the headphones together, the link button on the headset must be pushed at the same time as the small button on the USB dongle. This will cause both devices to flash at the same time with a green light. Once this green light has turned solid again, the device is ready for wireless communication.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Contents]
- Page 3 [Technical Overview]
- Page 4 [Setup and Installation]
- Page 5 [Testing the Highs and Lows]
- Page 6 [Wireless Performance, Games and Movies]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- KFC's own VR training game teaches you to cook chicken
- Need for Speed: Payback showed off at 4K 60FPS on the PC
- Quake Champions enters Steam Early Access on the PC
- Destiny 2 rocks on the PC with its new 4K 60FPS trailer
- Intel Core i9-7980XE pre-orders begins, priced at $1999
- Lenovo Legion Y720 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Killer Networking - Killer control center new version (Z97X Gaming 5)
- GIGABYTE X399 AORUS Gaming 7 TR4 Motherboard Review
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience