Right, now; these are quite a simple little product without a whole lot of features and connections to list and explain.
Firstly, let's discuss the wireless aspect of these headphones. According to ASUS they use a 2.4GHz frequency band to operate a two-way digital transmission between the USB transmitter and the headphones.
Now, because I'm not totally familiar with using wireless technology I cannot say how this device will affect the performance of other wireless devices you might be using, if at all. Perhaps you can have numerous devices using the 2.4GHz frequency to communicate with each other; I don't know exactly what the limitations are of this technology. The range for these headphones is listed at 15-20 meters which should be more than ample for most home offices etc.
Moving on to the battery located within these headphones; this is a lithium rechargeable battery like the one found in digital cams and mobile phones. With these batteries it's important to ensure that the first time it's charged it receives a full charge of four hours. Failing to heed to this warning could result in drastically shortened battery life, so be warned.
Now, according to ASUS this battery should be good for "up to" eight hours of use before each recharge. And it is also said to have a stand by time of three months.
The weight of the headset is listed as 122g and the USB dongle is 13g. Hopefully the lightweight design of the headphones will help prevent the user from experiencing excessive fatigue over long periods of use. The size of the speaker unit located inside is 40mm and the frequency response is given as 20Hz-20KHz which encompasses the entire spectrum of human hearing, as I have mentioned before. Now, we are not given a plus or minus figure along with the frequency response, so it is not possible to tell with how much attenuation this figure is possible.
THD or Total Harmonic Distortion is given as 0.08%, which while a good number is not any reason to expect above normal results when analyzing how much signal gets through as opposed to electronically generated noise.
As mentioned, the driver in the headphones is 40mm in size and is claimed as a high performance unit. I do not have any other information other than the size unfortunately. With regards to the built-in microphone, I do not have any detailed specifications on it.
Without further ado, let's motor on to the setup and installation phase of the ASUS HS-1000W solution.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Contents]
- Page 3 [Technical Overview]
- Page 4 [Setup and Installation]
- Page 5 [Testing the Highs and Lows]
- Page 6 [Wireless Performance, Games and Movies]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD reboots its drivers with Crimson ReLive Edition
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- SpaceX's December launch postponed until early January
- Huawei will unveil their concept phone on December 16th
- Cassini shows first images of Saturn from new orbit
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel