The BIOS is where we now focus our attention toward and Foxconn has gone with the tried and true Award Modular v6 BIOS which is what we are pretty well all used to these days.
Quantum BIOS is where all overclocking features can be found .
CPU Base Clock (MHz): 133MHz to 500MHz in 1MHz increments
CPU Voltage: +10mV to +1260mV in 0.2mv Increments
CPU VTT (UnCore): +20mV to +1260mV in 0.2mv Increments
1.8 PLL Voltage: 1.7v to 2.405v in various increments
CPU Clock Amplitude Control: 0.7v to 1.0v in .01v Increments
DRAM Voltage: 1.5v to 2.86v in various Increments
X58 IOH Core Voltage: 1.1v to 2.36v in 0.02v Increments
X58 IOH VCCA 1.1 Voltage: 1.108v to 2.207v in various Increments
X58 IOH VCCA 1.5 Voltage: 1.502 to 1.8v in Various Increments
Overclocking the board was pretty easy. Foxconn gives you quite a bit of voltage tweaking. However, there are a few missing, so it wasn't possible to really get into it. And with our limited time on each board, we managed to get an impressive 175MHz BCLK out of the BloodRage which took the CPU to 3.5GHz. This makes the board the third highest clocking board we've tested, just behind the ASUS offerings of the P6T and the Rampage II.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking, or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Apple's 3D Touch is coming to Android phones
- Report: Apple to launch 4K 21.5-inch iMac next week
- HP releasing Star Wars Special Edition notebook
- GeForce drivers, SLI profile prepare you for Battlefront beta
- Google wants to improve mobile web performance
- HighPoint RocketStor 6414AS Four-Bay Hardware RAID Tower Review
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio