The Xigmatek Thor's Hammer S126384 is one sexy cooler out of the box and also comes well packed inside a really innovative package that will be a real standout on store shelves. Personally, one look at this box had me looking wide eyed and anxious to see what it has to offer. They really took their technology they have on hand and did an impressive job of getting all these improvements into one package. This is a good direction of design to follow and I can only see it getting better as they go.
The projected price versus performance leaves the Thor's Hammer almost dead even with the Z600R we reviewed earlier. They are in about the same price range too, but the Z600R does come with a fan. So the question is really down to which design you like better. To me personally I would take the sexiness of the mirror-like, black nickel over the big "X" Z600R, myself. Overall fan noise and performance can also be better in one or both aspects of my testing, which have a twofold benefit. First, being silence of the room you keep your computer in and the second may be even better temperature results.
After all the testing and the writing is about to finish, I can only find two negatives. I really would have liked a nice white LED, black housed 80-90 CFM fan included with the Thor's Hammer. I realize that they are available to purchase separately, but the cooler just screams to have one or two of them installed. The other thing I found is that when using the AMD lock down bracket, it is a touch too high and interferes with mounting a fan on that side of the Thor's Hammer. It is only 3-4mm at maximum that it shifts the fan toward the top of the cooler, but it breaks the overall sleek look when the fan is noticeably higher than the top of the cooler.
I have to say Xigmatek has done it again and really show what they can offer to the PC cooling market. Not only is this cooler drop dead gorgeous in my opinion, but it performs really well. Would I buy this cooler? - Based on looks alone I would ponder it! Seeing what I have, against the latest trio of coolers I have tested from Xigmatek, this is the coolest solution both in looks and dual fan performance. I can only imagine what this cooler would do if noise isn't an issue and you decide to use some really high CFM fans. The results can only get better!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Xigmatek Thor's Hammer S126384]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIGABYTE's new AIO features full-sized GPU slot
- Phanteks launches first-ever water block with Glacier G1080
- MSI's first Intel 200-series chipset motherboard is feature heavy
- Access over 1,200 business and IT courses with Career Academy
- GALAX shows off Hall of Fame 4000MHz DDR4 RAM
- GA-Z170X-GAMING 5 New build option questions
- Patriot Tab 128GB Micro USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- Z170 Extreme7+ Correct USB drivers Win10 x64
- Z170 Fatal1ty Gaming K4 & 950 NVMe M.2 SSD question
- Problem entering bios on new build
- Patriot presents UHS-II capable EP PRO-II SDXC and microSDXC
- Patriot announces 2TB Ignite SSD
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series
- Palit announces the GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock and Super JetStream