The Xigmatek Thor's Hammer S126384 is one sexy cooler out of the box and also comes well packed inside a really innovative package that will be a real standout on store shelves. Personally, one look at this box had me looking wide eyed and anxious to see what it has to offer. They really took their technology they have on hand and did an impressive job of getting all these improvements into one package. This is a good direction of design to follow and I can only see it getting better as they go.
The projected price versus performance leaves the Thor's Hammer almost dead even with the Z600R we reviewed earlier. They are in about the same price range too, but the Z600R does come with a fan. So the question is really down to which design you like better. To me personally I would take the sexiness of the mirror-like, black nickel over the big "X" Z600R, myself. Overall fan noise and performance can also be better in one or both aspects of my testing, which have a twofold benefit. First, being silence of the room you keep your computer in and the second may be even better temperature results.
After all the testing and the writing is about to finish, I can only find two negatives. I really would have liked a nice white LED, black housed 80-90 CFM fan included with the Thor's Hammer. I realize that they are available to purchase separately, but the cooler just screams to have one or two of them installed. The other thing I found is that when using the AMD lock down bracket, it is a touch too high and interferes with mounting a fan on that side of the Thor's Hammer. It is only 3-4mm at maximum that it shifts the fan toward the top of the cooler, but it breaks the overall sleek look when the fan is noticeably higher than the top of the cooler.
I have to say Xigmatek has done it again and really show what they can offer to the PC cooling market. Not only is this cooler drop dead gorgeous in my opinion, but it performs really well. Would I buy this cooler? - Based on looks alone I would ponder it! Seeing what I have, against the latest trio of coolers I have tested from Xigmatek, this is the coolest solution both in looks and dual fan performance. I can only imagine what this cooler would do if noise isn't an issue and you decide to use some really high CFM fans. The results can only get better!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Xigmatek Thor's Hammer S126384]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- LG H840 spotted on GFXBench, rocks 5.3-inch QHD display, 3GB RAM
- More Xbox One exclusives are coming, says Microsoft
- MS on broken Quantum Break promises: we want to bring gamers together
- What if Microsoft uses Steam to power PC to Xbox game streaming?
- Street Fighter V now ready for pre-load on PSN and Steam in NA
- ViewSonic 27-inch 4K LED Monitor (VP2780-4K) Review
- Help choosing a motherboard
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 / CPU non-k bios support?
- ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M cannot boot
- OCZ TRION 150 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Arctic Announces the P533 Series Gaming Headsets
- Intel to Bring the Best in Gaming to the World Stage at Intel Extreme Masters
- Western Digital Board Declares Dividend For Third Quarter Of Fiscal 2016
- AMD Increases Notebook Market Traction
- EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti VR Edition Starts Selling