Xigmatek has kept me pretty busy with a trio of coolers they have recently submitted to our labs. Xigmatek has made quite a name for itself, since its inception in 2005. This name has really come from their patented H.D.T. (Heat-pipe Direct Touch) technology cooler line-up and today's sample fits into this category as well, but with just a bit of a twist. This "twist" is that Xigmatek is introducing a new use of their technology to improve on an already great idea.
Today's sample is the Xigmatek Thor's Hammer S126384, a variation on their four heat-pipe cooling solution. The Thor's Hammer is a complete re-think of a bunch of the features of the previously released four-pipe coolers. Thor's Hammer introduces dual layered heat-pipe cooling, as well as a unique take on the fin design. The dual layered heat-pipes consist of a total of seven pipes of two varying dimensions. The fins (or body) of Thor's Hammer are black nickel coated and have an unusual stager and shape, both of which are to aid in airflow through the cooler which will reduce temperatures.
Thor's Hammer made its debut during CES 2009 and everyone had gotten their hands all over that sample. Our preview, however, didn't show what the cooler really has to offer. It was horribly tarnished from all the handling during the exhibition. That makes me really anxious to see what this cooler looks like fresh from the factory floor.
Enough with the introduction, let's turn on some lights, get the camera ready and see what Xigmatek has delivered to our labs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Xigmatek Thor's Hammer S126384]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- Intel MOBO with Fast POST boot time
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform