So let's wrap it up. We have a heatsink that advertises itself to be quiet as a mouse; and it accomplishes this task without doubt. We have a heatsink that has a very unique design, and will look pretty awesome sitting inside a case with a huge window bored through the side. And we have a cooler that has a retention system that isn't revolutionary, but is considerably better than a vast majority of the competition. Oh...did I mention that it is really quiet?
The addition of the Rheo-bus is also a very nice touch. Sure, it's a small one, but it does it's assigned task easily and still gives enough play room to be able to accept a larger fan without burning out on you.
But the fan included won't really be enough for the truly high-end PC Enthusiast. It is effective, and doesn't raise the temperatures of the test system to that dreaded 50C mark, but it does come a little close. It was nice to know, however, that it could be changed out very easily without having to remove the heatsink from the processor.
Finally, there is the price. While it isn't the most expensive cooler on the market, it ranks rather high at a retail price of US$45. Of course, if you really want a quiet system, then the cost is worth it. (Did I mention that it is really quiet?)
Bottom line...If you're one of those people who are just sick and tired of the constant throbbing eardrums that are the result of loud fans, then do yourself a favor and get a Zalman HSF. While a little pricey, it lives up to its reputation of being a quiet cooling solution.
Good retention device
Comes with Rheo-bus
Need to change fans for high-end cooling
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- System Shock reboot gets 9 minutes of new gameplay footage
- Modders morph Skyrim into amazing standalone RPG Enderal
- China is the first with a 3D printed house, was built-in 45 days
- Battlefield 1 has Async Compute and DX12, expect 'DX12 fireworks'
- Volkswagen fraud settlement biggest in US history, hits $15 billion
- Deleted driver software
- MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G - Silent Gaming Major OC Headroom
- New Gaming Build - Looking fro feedback
- Fractal Design CORE 500 Mini-ITX Small Form Factor Chassis Review
- H110M-ITX loses USB and PS1 when WIN 7 loads
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines