The SilenX iXtrema Pro IXG-80HA2
With the IXG-80HA2 set flat on the table, you can start to see some of the additional features this cooler has. A few things to note are the serrated fin tops to aide in airflow. Then there is the dimpled fins themselves working on a similar principle to golf ball dimples. Lastly is the five copper heat pipes that may be carrying the heat out of you GPU.
The reverse side of the IXG-80HA2 allows you to see how the pipes are caressed inside of the aluminum base. With the pipes not blocking the view you can notice two things. One is that SilenX stamps every fin the same with the texture and the logo. The second being that there are little punched rectangles near the serrated edge of the fins where the fan clips will mount in later.
The working end of the cooler is all assembled then milled as one piece, making both the copper pipes and the aluminum mount the same level. The base is flat in both directions and there is very little deviation against a razors edge. Worth a look while we are here are the mounting options. SilenX has made three different holes for setting the hardware to make this a more universally applied cooler.
As you can see, SilenX does a nice job milling the base to a consistent finish. Personally I prefer a little more polish to my base, but as stated above, they do at least make sure it's true and flat.
This is just another shot of the IXG-80HA2 to help show off the features I have gone over. I also really like the pattern that this cooler provided at this angle.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The SilenX iXtrema Pro IXG-80HA2]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [The SilenX iXtrema Pro IXG-3F2 optional fan kit]
- Page 7 [The Card, Prep and Installation]
- Page 8 [Testing Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Polaris is exciting, but will this be the GPU we're looking for?
- China is the first to have an autonomous police robot, with a taser
- The 'Space Jam' sequel is happening for reals this time
- VR could be awesome as a mainstream device, but it might be held back
- Oculus Rift to be sold in-store at Best Buy starting May 7
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- JBL Xtreme Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review
- PC reboots immediately after being put to sleep
- How does correct CPU install bend pins?
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched