The SilenX iXtrema Pro IXG-80HA2
With the IXG-80HA2 set flat on the table, you can start to see some of the additional features this cooler has. A few things to note are the serrated fin tops to aide in airflow. Then there is the dimpled fins themselves working on a similar principle to golf ball dimples. Lastly is the five copper heat pipes that may be carrying the heat out of you GPU.
The reverse side of the IXG-80HA2 allows you to see how the pipes are caressed inside of the aluminum base. With the pipes not blocking the view you can notice two things. One is that SilenX stamps every fin the same with the texture and the logo. The second being that there are little punched rectangles near the serrated edge of the fins where the fan clips will mount in later.
The working end of the cooler is all assembled then milled as one piece, making both the copper pipes and the aluminum mount the same level. The base is flat in both directions and there is very little deviation against a razors edge. Worth a look while we are here are the mounting options. SilenX has made three different holes for setting the hardware to make this a more universally applied cooler.
As you can see, SilenX does a nice job milling the base to a consistent finish. Personally I prefer a little more polish to my base, but as stated above, they do at least make sure it's true and flat.
This is just another shot of the IXG-80HA2 to help show off the features I have gone over. I also really like the pattern that this cooler provided at this angle.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The SilenX iXtrema Pro IXG-80HA2]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [The SilenX iXtrema Pro IXG-3F2 optional fan kit]
- Page 7 [The Card, Prep and Installation]
- Page 8 [Testing Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blompkamp's 'Alien' sequel won't 'see the light of day'
- First look at how Musk's underground tunnels might work
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- G1 Sniper 2 rev 1.0 wont boot with GtX 1070
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives