Personally, I really like the overall look and design of this Thermaltake SpinQ. From the all shiny silver attire to the "spin" of the fins, to the blue LED centrally located "blow fan", this cooler just has a lot to offer the end user. But while doing a really good job with temperatures and being highly unique in design, I do wish the fan could be a bit quieter at load. I do game a considerable amount with an overclocked CPU. This in mind, I think the cooler would handle the load and look terrific in my case, but the noise level in gaming or heavy CPU loads in general may be a put-off to some. On the flipside of things, I do game with a headset so noise is mostly blocked during my game play anyhow.
The SpinQ will dig into your wallet for around $60 of your hard earned dollars to get one to your house. With the cost of everything going up due to current economic conditions, I feel this is a fair asking price. The performance is above average and only gets noisy at its highest temps and fan speeds. I feel this cooler is worth its cost to add this unique addition to your rig.
My issues with this cooler have already been sorted as I have progressed through this review. At this point it still just leaves me a bit reserved about the "blow fan" design as a whole, not that Thermaltake did anything wrong in their implementation of the tech. It has been my experience, however, that most fans of this nature are loud due to the way the fins cut through the air. There isn't really much that can reduce this noise, but Thermaltake has done a good job selecting one that isn't mind numbingly loud.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Thermaltake SpinQ]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook Messenger now features mentions and reactions
- Futuremark deploys Vulkan API test in 3DMark
- Star Wars Battlefront, Need for Speed sequels teased
- Corsair One: a new line of tiny, but powerful gaming PCs
- WikiLeaks: Apple Mac, iPhone firmware hacked by CIA
- NZXT Kraken X42 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Corsair ONE Pro SFF Gaming PC Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Download "ScanPST.exe tool
- Gamdias Hermes P1 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse