Inside the Box - Continued
Due to the cross platform GPU support, DFI has given a plethora of crossover cables. First off, there is a single PCB SLI link cable that is used to run standard SLI operations such as connecting two GTX260's or Quad SLI when using cards like two 9800GX2's. Next is a 3-way SLI PCB bracket to connect any NVIDIA series of cards that are capable of 3-way SLI such as three GTX285's. As for the rest, there is a ribbon Crossfire cable to allow you to run ATI graphics cards in tandem.
DFI has come up with a new cooling system to help reduce the internal temps of your case. This cooler is attached to the internal heatpipe at the rear I/O shield which has a hole in it to allow the pipe to pass through into the case. This heatsink then sits outside near the standard exhaust fans and uses the air exiting the case to help cool the heatpipe down. In our tests with it installed it did help compared to not having it installed, but it couldn't beat MSI's results.
DFI has gone down the same road as ASUS and MSI in regards to the choice of audio for the UT X58-T3eH8; this by moving the audio to an external module. However, DFI has opted for the Bernstein audio module which is based off Realtek's ALC889 HD solution and unlike ASUS, the codec is still on the board itself. DFI has only moved the jacks to an external audio board.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD revenues up 23% thanks to record SoC, GPU, APU sales
- AMD preparing $10,000 graphics card with 1TB+ of RAM
- Red Dead Redemption 2 favors PS4 with early content
- Musk shows capabilities of the new self-driving hardware
- Landing on Mars didn't go as planned
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- EVGA DG-87 Full-Tower Gaming Chassis Review
- New PC - no display on a screen, 3 beeps
- windows usb install file
- GIGABYTE P55W v6 Gaming Notebook Review
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system
- PowerColor starts selling the DEVIL Box external graphics solution
- ESL to power PlayStation 4 competitive gaming
- Samsung rolls out industry's first 8GB LPDDR4 DRAM package