First off, CSX packages its modules in a plastic blister that is extremely easy to open and doesn't require any knives or blades; CSX, my hands thank you! - Each module comes in one of these packages and they all fit together to make a triple channel kit that looks modular, making it easier for CSX to sell them as single, dual or triple channel kits.
Upon removing the modules from the blister back, we get our first good look at the modules themselves. First off, the design of them is oversized; the heatspreader that the DIABLO uses is alloy in construction and sits above the modules to increase the surface area, allowing for a much better cooling setup.
On one side of each module CSX has placed a sticker with some basic information on the modules. Unfortunately there is no detailed info on the timings or voltages and you need to go to the Compustocx website to get any meaningful data. But rather than making you go and look for the data, we sifted through the information and found the modules are rated for CL9 at 1333MHz using the JEDEC standard. Using Intel's XMP profiling, the modules run 7-7-7-24 when at 16000MHz at 1.6v and 8-8-8-26 at 2000MHz using the full 1.65v. This is extremely impressive, if it will in fact do those speeds. Let's now find out!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve's future games might beam directly into your brain
- Gabe Newell: Portal 2 is Valve's best single-player game
- Resident Evil 7 will enjoy free DLC chapter post-launch
- Gabe on Half-Life 3: 'the number 3 must not be said'
- Watch Dogs 2's new patch is better on RAM, and more
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99