First off, CSX packages its modules in a plastic blister that is extremely easy to open and doesn't require any knives or blades; CSX, my hands thank you! - Each module comes in one of these packages and they all fit together to make a triple channel kit that looks modular, making it easier for CSX to sell them as single, dual or triple channel kits.
Upon removing the modules from the blister back, we get our first good look at the modules themselves. First off, the design of them is oversized; the heatspreader that the DIABLO uses is alloy in construction and sits above the modules to increase the surface area, allowing for a much better cooling setup.
On one side of each module CSX has placed a sticker with some basic information on the modules. Unfortunately there is no detailed info on the timings or voltages and you need to go to the Compustocx website to get any meaningful data. But rather than making you go and look for the data, we sifted through the information and found the modules are rated for CL9 at 1333MHz using the JEDEC standard. Using Intel's XMP profiling, the modules run 7-7-7-24 when at 16000MHz at 1.6v and 8-8-8-26 at 2000MHz using the full 1.65v. This is extremely impressive, if it will in fact do those speeds. Let's now find out!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Acer's new laptop rocks unreleased NVIDIA graphics card
- AMD Radeon RX Vega loses to GTX 1080 at 1080p
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives