For something so small, Mini-ITX has become one of the biggest things in the PC industry in recent times. Because we once only saw the biggest boards out there with all these features packed in, we have to admire Mini-ITX for maturing this far and allowing all this freedom in a smaller, tighter package.
Mini-ITX first came to fame thanks to VIA and its EPIA range of boards; this was what made the Car-PC and low cost entertainment PC's possible. Eventually we were able to have a small PC in the lounge room without having it sound like a vacuum, or we could have a PC in the car without having to supply dual batteries to keep it running.
Now that we have seen VIA's take on it, others are starting to show interest in the platform as well. While Atom may be Intel's big Mini-ITX CPU, we still have to admire the desktop processors that take a stab at it.
Just recently we took a look at the ZOTAC offering supporting the Intel LGA775 CPU on a Mini-ITX base; today it's AMD's turn. We have been sent for approval the ZOTAC GeForce 8200-ITX Wi-Fi; not only will we put this board to the test to see just what it has on offer, we will also compare the 630i Wi-Fi ITX to this new rival to see which one gives the best overall performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Media Playback]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 8 [Power Usage]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve wants to make Source 2 engine free for all devs
- Microsoft buys leading API studio Simplygon
- Path of Exile is coming to Xbox One
- Halo 6 won't be Project Scorpio launch game after all
- Tekken 7 release date will be announced next week
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup