Accessories and Documentation
As I covered when I opened the package originally, the included goodies are minimal. Just the AMD mounting hardware and the GELID case badge come with it. A bit of looking online shows that some of these coolers are sold with the LGA1366 mounts in the box as well.
GELID has simplified the Silent Spirit's installation process to a six step process for Intel LGA775 users. For those using AMD or LGA1366, there is an additional step of removing the screw to swap out the appropriate mounting hardware, then screw it back into place. Then continue on with the instructions as GELID shows. While GELID goes as far as to show these instructions in four total languages, even including images, the Silent Spirit was easy to take out of the box and install.
A close up look at how the LGA775 bracket comes mounted from GELID installed.
With the removal of one Phillip's head screw on either side, the LGA775 mounts can be taken off and replaced with the AMD or LGA1366 mounts as needed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Since the CPU cooler sample TT received was a damaged (thank you post man) first pilot run sample we both have decided to retest a new mass production sample and revise the review.
Upon arrival, all package
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- Acer's new laptop rocks unreleased NVIDIA graphics card
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives