Accessories and Documentation
As I covered when I opened the package originally, the included goodies are minimal. Just the AMD mounting hardware and the GELID case badge come with it. A bit of looking online shows that some of these coolers are sold with the LGA1366 mounts in the box as well.
GELID has simplified the Silent Spirit's installation process to a six step process for Intel LGA775 users. For those using AMD or LGA1366, there is an additional step of removing the screw to swap out the appropriate mounting hardware, then screw it back into place. Then continue on with the instructions as GELID shows. While GELID goes as far as to show these instructions in four total languages, even including images, the Silent Spirit was easy to take out of the box and install.
A close up look at how the LGA775 bracket comes mounted from GELID installed.
With the removal of one Phillip's head screw on either side, the LGA775 mounts can be taken off and replaced with the AMD or LGA1366 mounts as needed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Since the CPU cooler sample TT received was a damaged (thank you post man) first pilot run sample we both have decided to retest a new mass production sample and revise the review.
Upon arrival, all package
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm acquires NXP Semiconductor for $47 billion
- Nintendo Switch has 6-inch 720p multi-touchscreen
- Twitter kills Vine app, web version still available
- Titanfall 2 for PC, up to 20% off for Friday's release
- Final Fantasy XV has gone gold, will have online co-op
- ASRock C2550D4I Won't boot... again
- Getting a DK-04 3D Model
- Lenovo Ideapad Y900-17ISK Gaming Notebook Review
- How to upgrade front I/O Panel for V2100 to USB 3.0 or even 3.1
- Not able to adjust timings!
- AMD announces Radeon Pro 400 Series graphics processors
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications