Technical Overview - Continued
Just briefly as a side note, but an important one; when dealing with systems like this which are aimed very much at the lower end of the market, the primary focus of analyzing specifications of a product becomes, well, less primarily of a concern. Although still rightfully necessary in the reviewing process, the emphasis falls to 'Is this good value for money or not?'.
When it comes to controlling the system, on the rear of the subwoofer you will find controls for itself and the main power on/off switch for the system. On the left satellite there is a volume control for the two main speakers and on the side of the speaker there is a very handy headphone jack to save from reaching behind the PC at all hours. Also there is a line input for any of the various MP3 players currently on the market.
What we're looking at here is a 2.1 system with not a whole lot of headroom in the amp stakes. It also lacks dedicated tweeters, which can be difficult to overcome in terms of extending the response right up through the higher frequencies with competence. However, having had such positive experiences with Hercules products thus far, I'm confident this system is right on when it comes to value for money and it might even throw up a surprise with sound quality.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Call of Duty WWII releases November 3
- Stardock: Switch doesn't really need third-party games
- Project Scorpio 4K vs 1080p side by side comparison
- PSN and Xbox LIVE hacker imprisoned for two years
- GALAX GTX 1080 Ti HOF, 3 x 8-pin PCIe power & LCD panel
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter
- SteelSeries brings gamers the world's first dual-surface RGB illuminated mousepad - introducing the QcK Prism