Technical Overview - Continued
Just briefly as a side note, but an important one; when dealing with systems like this which are aimed very much at the lower end of the market, the primary focus of analyzing specifications of a product becomes, well, less primarily of a concern. Although still rightfully necessary in the reviewing process, the emphasis falls to 'Is this good value for money or not?'.
When it comes to controlling the system, on the rear of the subwoofer you will find controls for itself and the main power on/off switch for the system. On the left satellite there is a volume control for the two main speakers and on the side of the speaker there is a very handy headphone jack to save from reaching behind the PC at all hours. Also there is a line input for any of the various MP3 players currently on the market.
What we're looking at here is a 2.1 system with not a whole lot of headroom in the amp stakes. It also lacks dedicated tweeters, which can be difficult to overcome in terms of extending the response right up through the higher frequencies with competence. However, having had such positive experiences with Hercules products thus far, I'm confident this system is right on when it comes to value for money and it might even throw up a surprise with sound quality.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox Scorpio announced early to not piss gamers off
- 7nm CPU from AMD in 2019 with 8 threads, just 10W power
- Google tease 'Andromeda' as a merge of Android/Chrome OS
- NVIDIA preparing for GeForce GTX 1050 launch next month
- Analogix acquired by Chinese consortium for $500 million
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now