Technical Overview - Continued
Just briefly as a side note, but an important one; when dealing with systems like this which are aimed very much at the lower end of the market, the primary focus of analyzing specifications of a product becomes, well, less primarily of a concern. Although still rightfully necessary in the reviewing process, the emphasis falls to 'Is this good value for money or not?'.
When it comes to controlling the system, on the rear of the subwoofer you will find controls for itself and the main power on/off switch for the system. On the left satellite there is a volume control for the two main speakers and on the side of the speaker there is a very handy headphone jack to save from reaching behind the PC at all hours. Also there is a line input for any of the various MP3 players currently on the market.
What we're looking at here is a 2.1 system with not a whole lot of headroom in the amp stakes. It also lacks dedicated tweeters, which can be difficult to overcome in terms of extending the response right up through the higher frequencies with competence. However, having had such positive experiences with Hercules products thus far, I'm confident this system is right on when it comes to value for money and it might even throw up a surprise with sound quality.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo drops to $799, dual-GPU Fiji goodness
- Switch's 4310mAh battery takes 3 hours to fully recharge
- LG G6 won't explode because it uses a huge heat pipe
- ADATA's new 256GB micro SDXC hits 260 MB/s write speeds
- Sony to unveil new phones on February 27
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup